Ok since my first storm I have been having the same problems with the last three. Can I have curupted files and when i upload my old setting to the new phones can it be affecting them? Im getting tired of seeing the dame verizon pepole because all they do is reboot my phone and then when that dont fix it they just shrug there shoulders and give me a new phone.
    05-23-09 09:37 AM
    Get used to it I'm on #7 they'll keep sending you a new/certified line new phone anytime you have an issue they can't figure out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 12:09 PM
    What exactly is the problem that you are experiencing?

And not to sound rude, but if you think that you are transferring a corrupted file from phone to phone, wouldnt you try the phone out before you transfer the files so you can determine if thats true or not?
    05-23-09 12:37 PM
    i'm on my 5th, granted all of the replacements i got except 1 were DOA basically...

original "new" storm didn't click right, but i held onto it to wait for the QC to catch up...

2nd storm would reboot with any incoming message
    3rd device the chrome bevel on the charger side was loose and would move if you squeezed it just ever so gently, and the screen wobbled A LOT
    4th wasn't refurbed correctly. screen was scratched and had some dead pixels or something, top right while in portrait, so covered antenna, and top left in landscape to cover battery indicator. it sucked

5th one was a FRU also (i didn't wanna wait for a new one to get here, or have to deal with sups. i used to work for VZW and know its hit or miss sometimes)

my point is, hardware issues are hit and miss, just depends on where it was refurbed, and maybe where it was originally built also. just be dilligent, or give up and move on if you can't waste the time.

and dream makes a good point. try running it with the default settings, just sync contacts and calendar if you need them, and change settings manually, etc....
    05-23-09 01:43 PM
    I'm sorry. You could not have 7 defective units that were manufacturer warranty. User error comes into play I think after the second one. Either that or you think replacing the device over and over will fix software issues which it won't.
    05-23-09 03:43 PM
    I'm sorry. You could not have 7 defective units that were manufacturer warranty. User error comes into play I think after the second one. Either that or you think replacing the device over and over will fix software issues which it won't.
    well i had 5, and only 1 had no physical issues or issues that hindered software like reboots, etc...how is 7 out of the question?

and the 2nd device that rebooted, was a hardware issue that impacted the software, i believe it was either a radio chip surge or something of that nature causing the crash...no app error, just a straight reboot...
    05-23-09 03:53 PM
    well i had 5, and only 1 had no physical issues or issues that hindered software like reboots, etc...how is 7 out of the question?

and the 2nd device that rebooted, was a hardware issue that impacted the software, i believe it was either a radio chip surge or something of that nature causing the crash...no app error, just a straight reboot...
    Five seems to be out of the question too.

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting five defective phones in a row that TRULY had issues. Most people find something to complain about then get it re-sent to them. They want the perfect phone. It increases costs on Verizon which then increases costs on Customers.
    05-23-09 05:44 PM
    i understand what the impact is on VZW....i worked for 'em for 2 years doing escalations taking calls from the likes of the types that come on CB and expect a free storm 2 when it launches or want a different model device instead of a warantee exchange the first time out of the gate...etc

i also know what qualifies as a reasonable reason to exchange. and most people have legitimate reasons. however, you're right, a lot of people send them in to see "if they can get better", etc.

but i agree, 5 is a lot, and i believe it to be a concidence, and not how most people's experience is/should be. very few people have had a legitimate reason to have more than maybe 3, but not to say that exceptions don't exist.
    05-23-09 06:05 PM
    i understand what the impact is on VZW....i worked for 'em for 2 years doing escalations taking calls from the likes of the types that come on CB and expect a free storm 2 when it launches or want a different model device instead of a warantee exchange the first time out of the gate...etc

i also know what qualifies as a reasonable reason to exchange. and most people have legitimate reasons. however, you're right, a lot of people send them in to see "if they can get better", etc.

but i agree, 5 is a lot, and i believe it to be a concidence, and not how most people's experience is/should be. very few people have had a legitimate reason to have more than maybe 3, but not to say that exceptions don't exist.
    I understand that there may be some very unlucky customers (you may be one of them) who happen to get five phones with legitimate problems. However when you can start a thread and people are posting "Im on my 5th! 6th 7th" and there are a lot of people... something is not right. People think that replacements fix software issues, and most of the phone Verizon gets back truly have nothing wrong or some troubleshooting would have fixed it. I just think people are to quick to want to exchange their devices but it's also Verizons fault for not telling customers NO on some exchanges.
    05-23-09 06:28 PM
    I understand that there may be some very unlucky customers (you may be one of them) who happen to get five phones with legitimate problems. However when you can start a thread and people are posting "Im on my 5th! 6th 7th" and there are a lot of people... something is not right. People think that replacements fix software issues, and most of the phone Verizon gets back truly have nothing wrong or some troubleshooting would have fixed it. I just think people are to quick to want to exchange their devices but it's also Verizons fault for not telling customers NO on some exchanges.
    like not properly troubleshooting devices? hmm...i agree. i've seen quite a bit of that happen in my day. some reps who get storm user after storm user eventually get worn down, and start to assume the worst or give users the benefit of the doubt. it is VZW's fault for not holding their reps accountable for their actions.

[rant]my friend almost lost his job due to "restructure". he'd been doing the job for like 8 years, and worked every day, did the work of maybe 2 or 3 of his peers, and met or surpassed the quality of their work while doing so. yet they hire the scum of the earth to take calls, 90% of them have fraudulant FMLA claims and are never at work. they keep changing rules to make it harder and harder to fire the crappy front line reps, and the quality ones get fed up and quit, or even worse, get fired for stupid reasons. i'm so glad i'm not part of that company anymore, and they are lucky that i didn't go to my exit interview when i quit, i would have gave them what for[/rant]
    05-23-09 06:40 PM
    Well I'm not sure about you but I enjoy the company. I just don't agree with some of the decisions.
    05-23-09 08:05 PM
    Don't get me wrong
    As a service provider they're tops.

As an employer, they leave quite a bit to be desired.

Let's say I was too independent, outspoken, intelligent and creative to be a care rep forever.

So I quit and now I do independent IT work while I get more certs and an I.T. Degree among other things.

05-23-09 08:15 PM
    Who says you have to be a care rep forever?
    05-23-09 08:45 PM
    It was care, telesales or store sales. No DSC aka tech support positions. I did get escalation queue and "peer facilitator" aka train new reps. But they were rotational positions. Meaning temp. And no raise.

Not for lack of trying.

05-23-09 08:54 PM
    Care Senior Rep Coordinator Supervisor/Trainer/Data Consultant.. many options.
    05-23-09 09:04 PM
    Ok so the two of you had a good rant and I think there was an answer in there some where. So thanks for the help.

05-25-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD