Ok, I am being shipped my 3rd Storm from Verizon. I know that opinions on the device are very polarized but I personally love the Storm now that the OS is starting to catchup with the hardware. However, I am getting worried because I am constantly having to replace my device.

The first phone, the screen got very tight on both sides and it was not allowing me to click the space bar well when typing in landscape mode. So VZW replaced my device. Now that device is having the same problem but in different areas of the screen. Now the click function is very tight in the lower right and upper left corners.

I called VZW and they said it was not a known hardware issue and that I may have just got two bad handsets. So they sent me another.

My question for all of you, has anyone else had this issue AND if I run into the same problem for a 3rd time should push toward a new device?
    03-20-09 03:35 PM
    This is defiantely a known issue with the storm in my retail experience with it...it is not a software issue it is defiantely the click screen of the actual handset..just cross your fingers and hope for the best
    03-20-09 03:37 PM
    I too am on my 3rd storm and so far this one is doing ok. My issues were not with the clicking but more with freezing up. When I would lock the phone to put it in my pocket then would get a call... it would vibrate or ring but you couldnt answer it. I still do have one problem that I have had with all 3 phones where I try to silent the tones for emails and texts so it only vibrates but when I get one it still rings just as loud as it does if you have the volume on 10. I dont know what the problems is with that but so far everything else is working fine on number 3. Crossing my fingers!
    03-20-09 05:16 PM
    You know, I have had the problem with the vibrate/ring but couldn't answer issue. I thought it was due to the fact I was running a beta OS with themes built on a beta plazmic but apparently not. I just know that if these issues continue I will be seriously considering a different phone. I love the blackberry interface but I am obsessed with touch screens. Hopefully this will get ironed out.

I hope this doesn't get me flamed, but does anyone out there have any first hand knowledge of the Samsung Saga?
    03-20-09 09:22 PM
    lol so you love the Storm. Just curious, how many replacements will it take to convince you you need something else?
    03-20-09 09:26 PM
    Ok well I guess I spoke too soon. I just took my phone out of my pocket after using it only 5 minutes before that and it was off. I tried to power it up but NOTHING. I had to take the battery out of it and put it back in to get it to come on. Not good!
    03-20-09 10:25 PM
    Ok well I guess I spoke too soon. I just took my phone out of my pocket after using it only 5 minutes before that and it was off. I tried to power it up but NOTHING. I had to take the battery out of it and put it back in to get it to come on. Not good!
    lol seriously dude, dont bother with #4. Get yourself a Curve.
    03-20-09 10:27 PM
    well I know for a fact that it wont be another storm! I paid full price for this phone the first time and told the people at verizon when I was getting the third one that I wouldnt get another. They didnt say that they would let me get something diff but also didnt say that I couldnt. I am just not sure if I will even go BB the next time. The samsung omnia looked ok but it has that windows mobil thing and I didnt really like it with my HTC. I just dont know what I will get. Any recomendations that dont have to do with BB?
    03-20-09 11:01 PM
    Waiting on my first replacement. Mine froze up and now it doesn't click in parts of the screen and you can't send a TEXT or EMAIL to save my life. Kinda wondering what the replacement will be, new or refurb...
    03-20-09 11:13 PM
    lol so you love the Storm. Just curious, how many replacements will it take to convince you you need something else?
    That is kinda of the point of this thread. For as much as I enjoy the phone I am getting tired of having to replace it. I am at a fork in the road, do I keep pace with the storm or do I look elsewhere. Just trying to get other opinions.

I have messed around with several other phones that VZW has, not impressed with any of them really. The omnia would be great if I had never seen the screen of the BB Storm and the Saga is a great business phone but I am not all business. Maybe I should start an "OmniaHD Waiting Room."
    03-21-09 11:04 AM
    I am also on my 3rd Storm and will replace it as many times as it takes. This one is doing great and I got it in January. The bugs will get worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 06:59 PM
    Yeah I am getting my replacement tomorrow. I am sure it will start out fine just as the current one did. We will see what time does to this one. If math serves me correctly, it took about 2 months for the screen issue to develop each time. I hope this one goes better.
    03-22-09 07:27 PM
    Ok, I am going to update this for people who may be in the same boat as I am currently in. I received my replacement Storm and of course it is smooth like butter. That is to be expected, since it is brand new. Give it two months and we will see.

However, the point I wanted to make - The storm is still the best all around phone vzw offers. I messed around with the Omnia for a good 15 minutes and I hated it even more. The screen is dull and small and the touchscreen is iffy. So it appears, for better or worse, I am stuck with the Storm for now.
    03-24-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD