Ok OK... simmer down Francis....

I am the OP and here is the issue:

Being that there are people who do not have the issues I have I assumed maybe I should try again to get one like they have..

The Light Leak: If that is how they are all made than that is fine. If others do not have it, I would like one too. Wouldn't you? Blackberry knows that a light leak is bad, THAT IS WHY THE OTHER PHONES DONT LEAK LIGHT.

The touch screen: If others have a flawless screen, I want one too. Wouldn't you? If a card or a torque screw fix it, then it is fixable, so BB should fix it. If I have to, I will. But BB should.

***No, I should not be avoiding new technology. Somehow you relate new technology with compromise. I will continue to relate new technology with progress. Your concept is a sell-out, very odd, and the opposite of capitalism and free market---> make it better, or die. Tell us, what is old technology to you? 6 months ago? a Landline phone? Where does your position take us?----->Funny that the guy telling me to avoid new technology is the guy who could not wait to improve his with THE leak of an upgrade--- Gee, was that new technology bothering you too, and needed fixing, as in an upgrade?? ***Nice----

I am not over sensitive or whining. If I was the only guy complaining of this you may have a point. Since I am not---then I have the point. Were we whining for the .75?-- or was it valid and needed?

I really like the BB Storm. I am not planning on leaving. I just want to consider options before my leverage of 30 days is over.

Don't consider dissent as treason. I am an advocate for better Blackberry's for the masses.

On that note: Verizon is happily shipping me a new one (#4) with factory installed .75 overnight delivery! By 3pm tomorrow I will be done with this. If that phone is similar to the others, then it is official-- THAT is the BB storm at this time. And, I will keep it!
    12-10-08 01:03 PM
    Sorry but this could of been posted in your original thread.
    12-10-08 01:07 PM
    ****, why not go for 5? Milk 'em for all their worth.
    12-10-08 01:12 PM
    I would check on the 30 day thing per a prev post stated that the 30 day starts over with each replacement.....may be incorrect?
    12-10-08 01:20 PM
    To me it seems like you're a bit of a diva. Listen, this is new, as with all things new, there are bound to be some flaws. Mine too has flaws but realize it will get better with time. We all spent some type of money on this new blackberry. If you need it to be so perfect you need to get 4 different ones then this phone is not for you.

The 8830WE is said to be flawless out of the box and are dirt cheap. I suggest getting one of those.
    12-10-08 01:21 PM
    nope it wont start over , its from when you purchase the first phone
    12-10-08 01:22 PM
    Ok OK... simmer down Francis....

I am the OP and here is the issue:

Being that there are people who do not have the issues I have I assumed maybe I should try again to get one like they have..

The Light Leak: If that is how they are all made than that is fine. If others do not have it, I would like one too. Wouldn't you? Blackberry knows that a light leak is bad, THAT IS WHY THE OTHER PHONES DONT LEAK LIGHT.

The touch screen: If others have a flawless screen, I want one too. Wouldn't you? If a card or a torque screw fix it, then it is fixable, so BB should fix it. If I have to, I will. But BB should.
    Light leak and touch screen being flawless is really just an interpretation. What I think is perfect, you may think is flawed.

The facts are:
    1. All Storms have lightleak
    2. All screens come shipped with mushy screen click around the edges

You should be better proof of that then anyone going on your 4th phone. Since manufacturing standards only allow so many flaws per million produced, I seriously doubt you got 4 in a row that were all dective.

Use a torx t6 and call it a day. Think of how much time you have wasted getting replacements....

I spent $5 at Home Depot and 5 minutes of my day to turn 2 screws. I have a "perfect" screen.
    12-10-08 01:25 PM
    I have no problems with click and the light leak is a given. Only concern I have is dust. Luckily, my original and replacement has no click problems.
    12-10-08 01:29 PM
    Uhm, why is this a new thread? Can this be consolidated into the original one somehow?
    12-10-08 01:33 PM
    My fault on the new thread. Sorry.

I think I have my answer. When my next one comes if it is the same, than that is my answer-- and I hope helps others who are wondering. Certainly I agree that I am not getting 4 bad ones in a row.. the odds o that are crazy. That is why I am trying to pin down the truth.

I think the truth is coming in a cardboard box via Fed Ex.

Diva! Ha, that is awesome.

If the light leak and the less than active screen on the sides is normal, than I am done, and will keep the phone as is. I just didnt know if I gave a good one, a bad one, or a normal one....

But I will in 23 hours.....

Thanks

Diva? man, that is funny.

I think I will print that one out and put it on my wall...Right next to my tiara.

yes, I keep my tiara on the wall.
    Last edited by mfoster7; 12-10-08 at 02:21 PM.
    12-10-08 02:18 PM
    u should probably switch to another phone, pretty sure youll never get one that u accept as perfect
    12-10-08 02:47 PM
    Will the phones not yet delivered already have the software update on them?
    12-10-08 02:55 PM
    Depends. Mine was shipped out on 12/8 and had .65.

Considering these are all new phones that is allocated for replacements only, it will have .65. Once RIM receives the defective and start producing new phones, I think they'll update with .75. Whatever is produced and in stock will have .65
    12-10-08 03:00 PM
    Mine is in transit now so once I get it I should just look for the software upgrade
    12-10-08 03:05 PM
    I had to return my first one due to a non-click outer edge. My wife's was considerably easier to press. My replacement is 2x easier to press than hers.
    So out of 3 phones they have all been different so I can see how you would/could be on a 4th phone.
    12-10-08 03:12 PM
    The facts are:
    2. All screens come shipped with mushy screen click around the edges

Not true, my brothers storm had perfect screen click out of the box.

The fact is that some really do have screen click problems but other than that i think everyone is just too damn picky about this phone. Mine has a screen click problem and I still love it.
    12-10-08 03:20 PM
    Hey! Thanks .... to all those who are snickering at me---> look at these other people and how they are getting different quality from other phones. That was my entire point.

And to answer a question above: Verizon did tell me I would get a new one with no battery or cover, but with factory installed .75

Tomorrow should be fun. I hope it is better, but if it is the same I will keep it and enjoy it.
    ...of course if it is worse...well, then we is going for #5!
    12-10-08 03:37 PM
    I woulnd't settle for one with major problems either, I'm getting a replacement for mine with screen click problems and if the replacement has screen click problems as well, I will be sending it back too
    12-10-08 04:00 PM
    I think the bigger question here is how this dou che is on his 4th device, is able to get one overnighted same day as he/she calls to complain, and other good folks are still waiting on delivery of their first?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by voodoodaddy; 12-10-08 at 04:12 PM.
    12-10-08 04:09 PM
    I think the bigger question here is how this dou che is on his 4th device, is able to get one overnighted same day as he/she calls to complain, and other good folks are still waiting on delivery of their first?
    BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT ALLOCATIONS FOR REPLACEMENTS AND NEW ORDERS.
    12-10-08 05:04 PM
    --------------------------

Dou che? WTF? I got the first three because every time I walked into BestBuy they had them in stock. How is that my fault?

I got it overnite'd to me because when I called and inquired about the non-working notifications of email, VVM, and SMS (and I mean the red dot on the icons) they could not fix it and told me a new one is on the way-- overnight.

Maybe I was treated well because I do not use abrasive and isolating terms?

Try it sometime, see if it works for you.
    12-10-08 07:40 PM
    You were annoying enough across the 2 threads you started about this, I'm quite sure you are not such a pleasure to deal with in person either. You probably are the type of person that goes to a restaurant and complains enough to get a free meal.

12-10-08 07:50 PM
    Interesting ideology conflict you deal with.

....." I've had a number of phones replaced over the years...."

Gosh Vodoodaddy, can't we all just get replacements like you did too? I'm sure you felt you deserved "a number of replacements" too. Why were yours valid and mine are.... well, what ever you like to categorize them as?

My issues are valid and repeated ALL OVER THESE FORUMS. I deal nicely and fairly with everyone, as evidenced by the favorable treatment I am getting. I'm sure that concept is foreign to you. It does not surprise me that you do not understand.

Don't confuse niceness, with weakness.

Go away. This aint gonna work out good for you.
    12-10-08 08:21 PM
    I too, received Storm #3 today. Here's the history of my 3 Storms:

Storm #1 - Bought on Launch Date. Screen click was perfect, all functions worked well. Problem was the "END" key fell off after 4 days.

Storm #2 - Screen click problems; lower right and left corners do not press in properly, making it hard to type in those areas. Accelerometer also is faulty, phone constantly stays in Landscape mode.

Storm #3 - Major screen click problems; 3 of the 4 corners do not press in at all, unable to activate any functions in these 3 corners.

Calling CS to have Storm #4 shipped to me.

I still love all the features of the phone and will keep trying until I receive one that is less defective.
    12-10-08 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the support. I love the phone too and hope my next one will be what BB and Verizon want it to be. This is my first BB, and I am sold on the phone and the click screen. I love it, I just want it to work as good as possible. We'll see tomorrow if mine appears, I will post what I find out.

But, Voodoodoody--> you are in a time out. You do not get to read my update tomorrow unless you play nicely.
    12-10-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD