Wow - I was so excited to get my new Storm. Its a grand total of 2 days old. I havent done anything "custom" to it. It was working fine, I used it all day today. Then, all of a sudden, none of the buttons (on the screen or physical buttons) would work. When I hover my finger over the screen, the buttons "light up" but when I press, nothing happens. This is the same for all hard/physical buttons - nothing!

When I get a call - the phone rings, but I cant answer. Email? Comes in just fine - but no way to read it. Its just stuck on the homescreen - and I can light up the menu choices, but cant press with screen or physcial. SO STRANGE!

I plugged it in - its charged. I hard-reset twice by removing the batt and waiting some time. I also took out the SD and SIM card (and replaced) for kicks and giggles. I plugged into my PC and let it "SYNC" - which is did perfectly! Then, when I unplug the cable - nada - cant do anything - nothing!

Please someone help - I searched the forums and didnt find any specifics about this. I hope its not toasted.

Again - I was using it all day - didnt install anything - change anything, nothing, just took it out of my pocked and it was a vegitable.
    03-22-09 05:39 PM
    Sounds like a trip down to your local VZW dealer is in order.
    03-22-09 05:43 PM
    VZW visit for you
    03-22-09 05:45 PM
    I was hoping for information from someone that might know how to fix this without having to get the phone replaced. I forgot to say, I bought this from a private seller - a company I work with bought too many and never even opened the box. I did this to avoid contracts - I hate contracts. But as such, I am sure Verizon would replace it with someone else's used refurb problem.
    03-22-09 05:45 PM
    Have you tried installing a newer OS on it? I had a similar problem when I first got my storm, but since using a leaked OS that problem seems to have gone away.
    03-22-09 05:49 PM
    It sounds like you'd have no problem loading an operating system on it since that doesn't require touching the phone at all. Even if you don't want to load a beta OS, go to the website of whoever your service is through and download their official operating system and reload it on the phone. It should fix the problem.

All of the buttons not working including the screen and the buttons at the bottom sounds like a software issue, not a hardware issue.

The other thing is to check the water damage indicators in the back of the phone, make sure it didn't get wet in storage before you bought it.
    03-22-09 05:54 PM
    With battery pulls not fixing the problem. I would get a replacement. Should fall under the 1 year warrenty through RIM.
    03-22-09 05:57 PM
    Thanks my 2 cents - yes the indicators are fine. The red circle shows a dash in the middle of it.

Can you direct me to a thread that will walk me thru reloading the operating system? I certainly dont mind giving that a shot.
    03-22-09 05:58 PM
    I actually found the site with instructions to reload - I reloaded the OS from Verizon's website - and guess what? NO LUCK - SAME THING!

But I noticed some of my software/settings are still on the unit. How do you do a full WIPE OUT and start over?
    03-22-09 08:29 PM
    I'd take that puppy over to Verizon. When you ask about a full wipe out are you talking about going to a lower OS? Or just wiping the device?
    03-22-09 08:33 PM
    Is the phone "clicking" at all? If not go to to YouTube and search "blackberry storm clicking".... it shows a way to fix clicking issues. It worked for me.
    03-23-09 11:03 PM
    Sounds weird ive never heard of this problem before
    03-24-09 06:40 AM
    I actually found the site with instructions to reload - I reloaded the OS from Verizon's website - and guess what? NO LUCK - SAME THING!

But I noticed some of my software/settings are still on the unit. How do you do a full WIPE OUT and start over?
    Here ya go. This works well for me, step by step instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    03-24-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD