ok..ive never owned a PDA or internet browsing phone...so please correct me if im wrong.

I am currently a member of ATT and have only a basic voice and unlimited text.

So when i get my Storm, i will hack it for the ATT network but can someone explain the following

1.) What plan do i now need from ATT? do i need to tell them i have an iphone and get the service package that way?

2.) Or can i just add certain packages? like add the MEdia Max Unlimited (Text & Web) from 35 bucks and thats it?

3.) can someone explain to me what the difference is between getting the Iphone service Bundle and just building the bundle in pieces?

4.) how can i ensure full rich html web browsing and not just the Text websites or basic stuff? are certain packages text based website browsing and the other is full computer like web browsing?

there are also the following packages...

---MEdia Max Unlimited (Text & Web) $35
    Unlimited everything! MEdia(TM) Net. Cellular Video. Plus four messaging options: Text, picture, video, and Instant Messaging.
    --BlackBerry� Personal $30
    BlackBerry Personal gives you unlimited data for your BlackBerry to connect you with your email, contacts, the web and more.
    --BlackBerry� Personal Bundle $50
    BlackBerry Personal Bundle gives you unlimited messaging and unlimited data for your BlackBerry to connect you with your world, including your email, contacts, the web and more.
    ---PDA Personal $30
    PDA Personal gives you unlimited data for you to connect your smartphone with your email, contacts, the web and more.
    ---PDA Personal Bundle $50
    PDA Personal Bundle gives you unlimited messaging and unlimited data for your PDA or smartphone to connect you with your world, including your email, contacts, the web and more.
    Last edited by caper656; 12-11-08 at 05:50 PM.
    12-11-08 05:43 PM
    I am not sure how att does their plans but you should just be able to add a blackberry data plan to your existing account
    12-11-08 06:03 PM
    You should just have to add the data plan.
    12-11-08 06:04 PM
    so what the fark difference is the "Blackberry package" vs the "PDA package" vs just the regular "Media Max package"

after 3 ATT stores...and convincing the manager i had a blackberry with a SIM card. She told me since its a blackberry, i would have to get the blackberry bundle... the MAX MEDIA is for non pda type...

I will tell you that Iphone has its own seperate package plans...

im surpised no one else has ran into this
    Last edited by caper656; 12-11-08 at 06:11 PM.
    12-11-08 06:07 PM
    How did you get a 9530 on ATT's network?
    12-11-08 06:12 PM
    a pda plan is for a win mo device or palm device you definately need a blackberry plan
    12-11-08 06:12 PM
    so what the fark difference is the "Blackberry package" vs the "PDA package" vs just the regular "Media Max package"

after 3 ATT stores...and convincing the manager i had a blackberry with a SIM card. She told me since its a blackberry, i would have to get the blackberry bundle... the MAX MEDIA is for non pda type...

I will tell you that Iphone has its own seperate package plans...

im surpised no one else has ran into this

It's not an iphone, it's a Blackberry....AT&T has data and phone plans for Blackberry's, I know because I just came form there. What is your confusion? You need the BLACKBERRY package.
    12-11-08 06:15 PM
    You need the $30 Blackberry Personal, or $50 Blackberry Personal Bundle, or $60 Blackberry Personal with Tethering feature added on.

PDA plans are only for the WinMo and Palm OS phones (Symbian too?) and the Media Max / Media Net are for dumb phones. iPhone plans are obviously only for the iPhones.

It's very simple to determine. Just look at the AT&T wireless website and review the plans and features. You can look at compatible plans or phones for each feature set. You won't see the Storm listed of course since it's not sold by AT&T but not a single BB is listed as compatible with any PDA or Media Max / Net feature plan because you can't get those with a BB.
    Last edited by ArizonaGuy; 12-11-08 at 06:34 PM.
    12-11-08 06:30 PM
    thanks!

this is all i needed to know------>

"PDA plans are only for the WinMo and Palm OS phones (Symbian too?) and the Media Max / Media Net are for dumb phones. iPhone plans are obviously only for the iPhones."
    12-11-08 06:48 PM
    also I want to tell you that the storm will only use the edge network on at&t not 3g so its going to be pretty slow...
    12-11-08 06:54 PM
    How did you get a 9530 on ATT's network?
    he unlocked it?
    12-11-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD