Dear RIM,

I love my Storm, but please add a option where I can tell the Storm to stay in portrait mode when on the Home Screen (with wallpaper). Everytime I set it down, or put it in the holster, it seems to come up in landscape, and I have to hold the phone upright, wait for the lag, and then proceed. I know, I know, what's the big deal, you say?

All I can say, is, it's in the details.......... Little things that bug me might not bug someone else, but I bet I'm not the only one.... And the fix seems SOOO easy....

Thanks for listening,

Bill
    02-13-09 10:36 PM
    Install a new OS and the lag isn't intolerable.
    02-13-09 10:40 PM
    bt,

Well, I am on 103, and it still bugs me <g>.

Actually, it isn't so much the amount of lag as it is the "idea" that it switches, and fairly randomly at that, depending on the angle you set it down. It's inconsistent at best, and at worst seems unprofessional to me.

I would like to know with absolute certainty, without even looking at the screen, that if I leave it at the home screen, when I pick it up, it will be in portrait mode.

Maybe I'm just wierd, but I don't think so....

Regards,

Bill
    02-13-09 10:51 PM
    I don't have this problem. The issue is just you in a way. Make it a habit to orient the screen in portrait before you lay it down. Once it's flat, it'll stay like that and then dim. When you wake it, it'll still be in portrait. As for the holster thing. If it's dim and in portrait when you put it in, it'll be in portrait when you pull it out. The problem is that you can't put it in the holster lit up as it'll flip when it's tipped. Just something you'll need to live with I guess. Would you rather have something like a crappy iPhone that you can't even use in landscape for functions of your choosing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:01 PM
    Locking the orientation could be done simply by programing the OS to do it when you hold the lock button done for more than 3 seconds. Or RIM could do the opposite, a tap of the lock button to lock orientation and holding down to lock the phone.

I would find this very handy when I lay the phone down and want it to be in a certain orientation or especially when I hand it to some one to show off a picture or video. Come to think of it, locking the orientation would be helpful in when I use the Storm in the car too.
    02-14-09 12:08 AM
    Video playback is locked in landscape, so -1 on that. I'm ticked that I can no longer flip the phone upside down to show someone across from me something and have thw orientation flip rightside up for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD