Once I updated the OS on my storm to .148 I immediately noticed I'd lost the cool feature to change the ring tone to vibrate while locked by holding the mute button.

Is it true that this feature was actually a bug, now "corrected" in .148?

Ugh. I keep my phone locked with password all the time, and having to type in the code to unlock it just to change the ringtone is a drag, especially as I go in and out of meetings, etc, during the day.

Does anyone know about a third party app to do something similar?

Okay, done whining for the moment.
    06-02-09 08:42 PM
    Feature was removed.

Here's change log...lite reading!!
    06-02-09 10:27 PM
    i admit this was a nice feature...

one that I will miss..

I wonder why they removed it...

seems like something like that wouldn't cause a problem..
    06-02-09 10:30 PM
    should have put Standby Mode in its place..........
    06-02-09 11:38 PM
    should have put Standby Mode in its place..........
    I agree!

Let's just hope there's a method to their madness.
    06-02-09 11:40 PM
    I have been complaining about this one forever. I miss it quite a bit. It makes me wonder if there is a way to take the lock code from .75 and use it. But that's out of my league.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 12:00 AM
    Yea, I will miss that as well.... if you find a way to do that again, please post.
    06-03-09 05:04 AM
    Oh so that's the case. I just got an otter box for my storm and I that the button wasn't connecting. That was an awesome feature that I used frequently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 06:24 AM
    I didn't know you could do it and i miss it! that would have been a great shortcut!
    06-03-09 06:33 AM
    Somebody out there must have a tweak. I like the idea of taking only that bit from .75, but have no idea how this would be done.

If I could take it a step further, adding user programmability to this button would be great. I don't use the headphones much, so it's not a very useful button to me as-is. Being able to choose its functionality would be very useful.
    06-03-09 08:35 AM
    Not sure if it's the same on .148 or not, but I'm on .141/hybrid, and if you put your phone to 'sleep' first (put it in magnetic holster, or even just keep a small magnet with you), then the functionality WORKS (hold down mute for 3 secs and it will put phone into vibrate mode). Hope this works for you!
    06-03-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD