Ok so lets get a list of software people are d/ling for the storm or using.

I currently have gmail mobile, google sync, facebook, google talk, opera mini

what else?

Does 411 work with it?
    11-21-08 06:30 PM
    i just have myspace app.
    where do i get google maps and all that good stuff?
    11-21-08 06:33 PM
    This would be a really great thread as soon as I get my Storm. I definitely will be getting the myspace app and the opera mini. Any worthwhile apps that I should get?
    11-21-08 06:39 PM
    i am downloading myspace right now...

the best way to get google imho is to google it from a laptop or desk top and then send a text to your phone to d/l it.
    11-21-08 06:40 PM
    google talk is the gchat feature with gmail.

gmail is just gmail
    11-21-08 06:44 PM
    gmail, twitterberry
    11-21-08 10:08 PM
    I got my storm! Now to get some apps
    11-27-08 04:58 AM
    peekawho, googlemaps, facebook, myspace, aim, msn, instango beta.. (will eventually replace the aim msn etc)

viigo
    11-27-08 05:00 AM
    viigo, viigo even runs better than storm itself!
    11-27-08 05:03 AM
    Can anyone recommend a weatherbug app. I had one installed on my BB curve and forgot to write down what it was called but it did place an icon on the screen. BTW weatherbug download fails all the time... Also on side note is anyone been able to install apps and have it show on the home screen? Thanks.

Hit me with a message at my PIN 304ABB5F

Thanks
    11-27-08 11:25 PM
    Can anyone recommend a weatherbug app. I had one installed on my BB curve and forgot to write down what it was called but it did place an icon on the screen. BTW weatherbug download fails all the time... Also on side note is anyone been able to install apps and have it show on the home screen? Thanks.

Thanks
    use viigo, that is all around a good program
    11-27-08 11:27 PM
    Softreset is also a great program.
    11-27-08 11:38 PM
    11-27-08 11:38 PM

Thanks
    The weatherbug download worked perfectly on my storm. However, if you put in your information then try to move it to the home screen, it DOES NOT WORK. You need to download it, and then go into your downloads folder. Highlight it, hit the BB button, hit move folder, and move it to 'home.' Then you can move it around freely and make it in your first 4 or 8 rows. Then you need to set up your zip code and such.

Just google 'weatherbug.blackberry.com on your storm, and navigate through that.
    11-27-08 11:41 PM
    I second GPSed. It's great for those long hikes when people at home are worried.

Plus, it's cool to map out how far you walk any given day.
    11-27-08 11:44 PM
    The weatherbug download worked perfectly on my storm. However, if you put in your information then try to move it to the home screen, it DOES NOT WORK. You need to download it, and then go into your downloads folder. Highlight it, hit the BB button, hit move folder, and move it to 'home.' Then you can move it around freely and make it in your first 4 or 8 rows. Then you need to set up your zip code and such.

Just google 'weatherbug.blackberry.com on your storm, and navigate through that.
    does weatherbug have a storm version yet? or is it just in compatibility mode?
    11-27-08 11:46 PM
    when u use aim...if you stay logged in, does it eat battery? or is it just a push service that is fine to leave open all day in the background?
    11-27-08 11:52 PM
    IM+ has a push service.. I'm not sure how the built in AIM or other IM services RIM created work. I tried using the RIM version of AIM... I could send messages, but nobody could reply to me. I stopped using it.

GET VIIGO! im a big fan.
    11-27-08 11:59 PM
    use viigo, that is all around a good program
    You know it, I can't live without it. Also I love visual voice mail.
    11-28-08 12:07 AM
    blackberry.weatherbug.com/download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:48 AM
    Found the answer to my own question...
    11-28-08 01:19 AM
    I have AIM, Viigo, Maxmem and AccuWeather so far.
    11-28-08 01:41 AM
    so far for me...

Viigo, AIM, MSN messenger, Facebook, my email, browser, and the other basic stuff that comes with it(camera, calendar, etc)

I LOVE my storm btw... i can't wait for more apps to come on the app center!
    11-28-08 02:10 AM
    can you guys post links to as much of the programs you recommend as possible?

like i am wondering where i would download the blackberry version of google maps.

plus when someone siad the viigo was in beta for the storm, i assumed there was a special download, but couldnt find it on their site. i think there is no special storm download though.

so links help alot.

thanks
    11-28-08 02:11 AM
    can you guys post links to as much of the programs you recommend as possible?

like i am wondering where i would download the blackberry version of google maps.

plus when someone siad the viigo was in beta for the storm, i assumed there was a special download, but couldnt find it on their site. i think there is no special storm download though.

so links help alot.

thanks
    Go to viigo.com from your Storm browser and you will get the page that says "For your BlackBerry Storm".
    11-28-08 06:21 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD