02-20-09 09:58 AM
57 123
tools
    OK my storm is being shipped and I should receive it by 2morrow. I am so excited I want to know what are the 5-10 must have apps for storm. I use it for work and personal.

Please help me
    12-16-08 12:07 PM
    read the first sticky
    12-16-08 12:09 PM
    I am not looking for all apps I am just asking the group what there suggestion are for must have apps.

I guess a better question is what apps are you running on your bb
    12-16-08 12:12 PM
    Check my sig

Haha actually a must have app for me is weatherbug. I love always knowing how the weather is or when bad weather is on the way.
    12-16-08 12:13 PM
    Well here's my two cents about apps for the storm.

Fox News Alert is now compatible; Foxnews.mobi works like a charm! Download the Icon.

Weatherbug....loaded it SIX times, deleted it six times will not work on my phone! Bonus, tommorow I get a replacement maybe it will work then.

BB Messenger comes on the phone and I wear it out!

Downloaded "Marble Trap", sux!!!!!

Operamini is somewhat compatible, the key to using it on the storm, just tap, don't click. It does not recognize the clicking of the screen.

All the social networking sights work well, it's my wife that is not compatible with them.

I love the Storm, had it since day one, like any first series it has it's qwirks but worth the hassel!

Happy Clicking.
    12-23-08 03:56 PM
    weather bug... shows the temp on the icon and general weather outside
    google maps i got.. pretty good
    12-23-08 04:02 PM
    Wall Street Journal Mobile reader. Fantastic app. Of course liking the WSJ is a requirement.
    12-23-08 04:05 PM
    Weatherbug is nice, but the forecast is really basic. Good up-to-date info though.

GoogleMaps is a must-have app. You can search for businesses, and in return get driving directions, phone numbers, etc!

Nav4All is a free voice navigation app. Very simple, but works very good.

Haven't had much luck with AmazeGPS yet. Waiting for a Storm-compatible version to come out. Can't seem to select my city in the scroll list (major pain).

Found a flashlight app that's pretty cool. May come in handy in a dark location sometime.
    12-23-08 04:06 PM
    i use the accuweather push weather service. it works great. quickpull is good, Viigo, myspace/facebook.
    12-23-08 04:08 PM
    the youtube app isnt bad either i'm sure its gonna get better but it will be very hard to watch videos on youtube without it
    12-23-08 04:10 PM
    For me:

VibAndRing
    Viigo
    Vlingo
    PeekaWho

But if I had to pick just one, it'd be Viigo.
    12-23-08 04:12 PM
    1. Weatherbug
    2. Viigo....I gotta have my MLBTradeRumors blog
    3. Google Maps
    4. Orb Launcher for my Sirius radio on the go
    12-23-08 04:19 PM
    1. Orb Launcher for my Sirius radio on the go
    Yep. That actually came in handy the other day when we were having some satellite issues here. Can't handle my commute w/o Stern, so just loaded up Sirius through Orb and blasted it out of the speakerphone. Even worked in the Caldecott Tunnel!
    12-23-08 04:25 PM
    hey good luck i started a thread just like this when i got my curve awhile back and got the same d@#$ reponses if any at all. Then i went back and revised my question so it asked what programs are you guys running and still didn't get anywhere so good luck. I won't be like everybody else i will acutally give you a list.
    Youtube app
    google maps
    google sync
    Google talk
    Gmail
    Myspace
    Viigo
    Vymail in conjunction with youmail
    Then I have launchers installed for photobucket mobile, ps3 fanboy and amazon
    Last edited by FutureBBowner; 12-23-08 at 06:11 PM.
    12-23-08 04:28 PM
    Yep. That actually came in handy the other day when we were having some satellite issues here. Can't handle my commute w/o Stern, so just loaded up Sirius through Orb and blasted it out of the speakerphone. Even worked in the Caldecott Tunnel!
    I use it when working out or at work......love it.
    12-23-08 04:33 PM
    use the first thread. really it comes down to what you use your phone for. so read the thread, try each of the apps and see which ones you love.
    12-23-08 04:37 PM
    OK, the app I like and use the most is...

eCheckRegister. I've never been good about keeping a checkbook register, but this app has made things a lot easier and works well for me.

I also use and like:

Collins Thesaurus
    UnitConverter
    YouTube
    VZ Navigator

The only apps I really want now are:

Dynolicious
    Shazam

which are both iPhone apps only right now.
    12-23-08 04:48 PM
    OK, the app I like and use the most is...

eCheckRegister. I've never been good about keeping a checkbook register, but this app has made things a lot easier and works well for me.

I also use and like:

Collins Thesaurus
    UnitConverter
    YouTube
    VZ Navigator

The only apps I really want now are:

Dynolicious
    Shazam

which are both iPhone apps only right now.

You can get Shazam. Its 3.99 a month though which may be the biggest rip off have heard of.

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/shazamid.html
    12-23-08 04:59 PM
    There's a little note on Shazam that says "for UK users only". Anyway I agree with you re rip off prices...
    12-23-08 05:13 PM
    Here are the ones I use all the time:
    Weatherbug
    Fox News
    Youtube
    Jewberry

The one that is missing, I'm still waiting for: Luach for Storm
    12-23-08 05:18 PM
    Viigo is my favorite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 05:22 PM
    Go to blackberry . weatherbug . com / storm / storm . jad on your Storm and it will let you download this Free application.

weatherbug will actually show you the temp outside from wherever you're standing. Blackberry has unlocked the GPS on the device for applications and this applicationd does a search to find out where you are and updates the weather according to where you're standing at any given moment. You're also able to view maps and do a few other cool things too.

for a free weather application, this absolutely can't be beaten.
    12-23-08 05:27 PM
    how do you get Fox News?
    12-23-08 05:28 PM
    viigo! has everything from weather, to news, sports, and even blogs.
    12-23-08 05:31 PM
    I use my local newspaper apps along with USAToday, ESPN and BBMessenger the most.
    12-23-08 05:44 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD