Can some one is decent detail tell me exactly how to put songs on my storm and tansfer them to my laptop please?
    05-30-09 06:30 PM
    Options > Memory > set Mass Storage Mode Support to "On". Plug the phone into your computer, go to My Computer and double-click on the device (I can't remember what it is called exactly, but you will know which one it is). Two folders should show-- BlackBerry 1 and BlackBerry 2 (I'm pretty sure that's what they're named). One of those is for the device memory, the other is for the media card memory. Open the one where your music is stored, go into the music folder... you can either drag and drop the songs right to the PC, or copy them to the PC.

(It has been so long since I've done this that if any of my labels are wrong, I apologize in advance.)
    05-30-09 06:37 PM
    Options > Memory > set Mass Storage Mode Support to "On". Plug the phone into your computer, go to My Computer and double-click on the device (I can't remember what it is called exactly, but you will know which one it is). Two folders should show-- BlackBerry 1 and BlackBerry 2 (I'm pretty sure that's what they're named). One of those is for the device memory, the other is for the media card memory. Open the one where your music is stored, go into the music folder... you can either drag and drop the songs right to the PC, or copy them to the PC.

(It has been so long since I've done this that if any of my labels are wrong, I apologize in advance.)
    Thank you very much.. will try this is a few and post if this s correct
    05-30-09 06:40 PM
    Thank you very much.. will try this is a few and post if this s correct
    Yes... please feel free to come back and ask questions, just in case I missed anything.
    05-30-09 06:41 PM
    Don't forget to also set Media Card Support to On if you have the songs on the card and also set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to On or Prompt so that the device doesn't default to MTP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 06:59 PM
    Don't forget to also set Media Card Support to On if you have the songs on the card and also set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to On or Prompt so that the device doesn't default to MTP.

Thank you for adding the bit about Media Card Support! (I kind of just assumed that it would already be on if he's using it in the phone, but I also know what "assuming" does! )
    05-30-09 07:01 PM
    This works thanks for help!!!
    05-30-09 07:12 PM
    This is where the Storm trumps the iPhone/iPod. Never used an iPhone but I assume the interfaces are the same. It's tough to get music from your phone onto the comp with an Apple product, but REALLY easy on the Storm.
    05-30-09 08:19 PM
    I didn't have the Mass Storage enabled before a couple days ago, but dragging songs worked fine even with it not enabled.
    05-30-09 10:34 PM
    I didn't have the Mass Storage enabled before a couple days ago, but dragging songs worked fine even with it not enabled.
    You couldn't have been dragging and dropping onto the media card without it enabled... you had to have been putting them on the device memory. If you are using DM to move music files, then you don't need it in mass storage mode to add media to the card.
    05-30-09 10:37 PM
    You couldn't have been dragging and dropping onto the media card without it enabled... you had to have been putting them on the device memory. If you are using DM to move music files, then you don't need it in mass storage mode to add media to the card.
    Hmm. No, they were on the media card. Although, I assumed it wasn't enabled because when I backed up my phone the other day, it said it needed to be turned on. So I figured it wasn't on.
    05-30-09 10:47 PM
    Hmm. No, they were on the media card. Although, I assumed it wasn't enabled because when I backed up my phone the other day, it said it needed to be turned on. So I figured it wasn't on.
    Where did you drag and drop them to? It was showing your media card folders under My Computer even though mass storage mode wasn't enabled?
    05-30-09 10:57 PM
    It always asks you to enable mass storage mode when you do a backup. I have it enable on mine and when I do a manual backup it tells me that it needs to enable mass storage mode so that it can transfer from the device memory. It the same prompt that you get on the device instead you get it from the computer.

05-30-09 11:23 PM
    Where did you drag and drop them to? It was showing your media card folders under My Computer even though mass storage mode wasn't enabled?
    No, it was enabled. Just didn't know it. But I dragged and dropped them into my Music folder.
    05-30-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD