hello,
    I just got my storm and I am loving it! I had a quick question and I was not able to find any answers... So, ive been putting music on to my phone but some of the files i have do not contain album art and i have not been able to figure out how to get the pictures with the files.. Help would be appreciated thanks!
    01-07-09 12:44 AM
    I use iTunes to add all my album art. What you need to do is make sure your album art is embedded into the actual mp3. The reason for this that iTunes does not do this by default, it instead places the album covers into the folder where the song is located as a hidden system file and reads from that location. What I did was copy the album covers from amazon and pasted them into the artwork section (Get Info>Artwork>Right Click in box>Paste) for each song. The nice thing about iTunes is that you can select an entire album and add the artwork for the entire album at once instead of doing each song for that album individually. This is the method I have used on every phone and mp3 device I owned and not one of them had missing album art.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:15 AM
    I use iTunes to add all my album art. What you need to do is make sure your album art is embedded into the actual mp3. The reason for this that iTunes does not do this by default, it instead places the album covers into the folder where the song is located as a hidden system file and reads from that location. What I did was copy the album covers from amazon and pasted them into the artwork section (Get Info>Artwork>Right Click in box>Paste) for each song. The nice thing about iTunes is that you can select an entire album and add the artwork for the entire album at once instead of doing each song for that album individually. This is the method I have used on every phone and mp3 device I owned and not one of them had missing album art.

thanks for your help... will the original file have the album art after doing that in itunes?
    01-07-09 01:24 AM
    thanks for your help... will the original file have the album art after doing that in itunes?
    Yes, the album art will be associated with the file from that point forward. So if you give the song to somebody else, they will have the album art.

01-07-09 01:29 AM
    Yes, the album art will be associated with the file from that point forward. So if you give the song to somebody else, they will have the album art.

Thanks for your help ArmaK...
    Also when I put music onto my storm should I convert for optimal playback or just copy?
    01-07-09 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD