This has happened to me ever since I've put music on my Storm almost 2 months ago. When I reboot, the songs on my media card load up on the Storm. The problem is, when they fully load (to about 600 songs), half the time it will stay at 600 like it is supposed to. The other half of the time it will instantly shoot down to about 140 songs.

When this happens I usually take the battery cover off and replug the media card in and the songs load up how they're supposed to. But since I now have the innocase II, I dont feel like taking it off just to pull the media card. Softreset helps it too, but they take too long for such an issue.

Anyone have any input on the source of why this happens? Or does this happen to anyone else? I drag and drop my songs into the music folder when I plug my BB into the computer, so that shouldnt be a problem at all. Faulty media card maybe? What do you guys think?

Thanks mates.
    02-09-09 04:06 PM
    Sigh. Bumping.
    02-09-09 05:30 PM
    Andddd 1 more.
    02-09-09 07:50 PM
    Are you swapping memory cards? I put in a card with a rather high number of files and folders on it, and the Storm wouldn't even try to read my usual card when I put it back in. A battery pull sorted that issue.

As for your problem, it may be worth checking how the folders have been laid out, or if there is any additional folders in there that you weren't aware of. Or if some files have somehow moved to the wrong place.
    02-10-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD