I have downloaded 275 songs to my Blackberry Storm. The song list shows All songs, Artist, Albums, Genres, and Playlist. The problem is that I can only play or bring up songs from the All Songs category. If I look under the other lists, its shows the artist/ album names but when I select the artist or album it says no songs, the only category that I can play my songs from is "All Songs" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by javalee; 01-06-09 at 04:48 PM.
    01-06-09 08:18 AM
    I have downloaded 275 songs to my Blackberry Storm. The song list shows All songs, Artist, Albums, Genres, and Playlist. The problem is that I can only play or bring up songs from the All Songs category. If I look under the other lists, its shows the artist/ album names but I the only category that I can play my songs from is "All Songs" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    not sure what you mean. if I go into a category like Albums, I can highlight a specific album then hit the Play button at the bottom left of the screen to play. You don't have a play icon on your phone when in the media library?
    01-06-09 08:25 AM
    Sounds like your MP3s are not tagged properly. I use a free program called MP3Tag. If the song does not have all of the MetaTag info filled in then you won't be able to do what you are asking. the program also allows you to add album art, and pretty much change any of the Metatag info. Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) Did I mention it is free?
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 01-06-09 at 08:43 AM.
    01-06-09 08:31 AM
    Check out post #18 on thread attached, this worked great for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...80/index2.html
    01-06-09 09:10 AM
    I had this exact problem. Only my songs were only available from the "Playlist" section.

Doing a soft reset or battery pull should fix the problem. Turning the phone off and back on might work too.
    01-06-09 09:12 AM
    I had the same problem. The solution was to use attach the Storm to my PC using a USB cable then create playlists using iTunes. I saved the playlists on my Storm in the 'Music' directory. Now I play my music from the pre-made playlists.
    01-06-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD