Last night i was trying to put new music on my phone using blackberry media sync and it tried to reload the 2000 songs that were ready on the memory card. Are there any settings that I can change so that media sync doesn't try to reload all of my music and only adds the new music

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 06:16 AM
    It wont.......its just doing a comparison, but I got a question for you. I just read that the storm 2 comes with 16GB micro SD card pre installed. What is the class rating marked on it? 2,4, or 6?
    11-03-09 07:37 AM
    Why not just go into mass storage mode and drag the files that you want into the music folder?

Class 2

11-03-09 07:51 AM
    Why not just go into mass storage mode and drag the files that you want into the music folder?

Class 2

I have over 3500 songs on my curve with the 16GB class 2, my entire itunes library. I'm guessing this is what he is trying to do. I really have to thank RIM for the itunes integration..............works like a charm.
    11-03-09 08:06 AM
    There is a way to only sync checked songs.

I dont remember the exact steps but it involves creating a playlist that only contains the checked songs. Then you sync that playlist to your blackberry.

It you google it, you should be able to find the steps.
    11-03-09 08:36 AM
    There is a way to only sync checked songs.

I dont remember the exact steps but it involves creating a playlist that only contains the checked songs. Then you sync that playlist to your blackberry.

It you google it, you should be able to find the steps.
    There is no way to sync only checked songs. You can only sync play lists. That is the way it is on my Storm 1.

What I do is create a separate play list in iTunes called Storm. I put all the songs I want on my Storm there. I use BB Media Sync to upload my songs to my storm using this play list.
    11-03-09 08:45 AM
    Go in Itunes and create a smart playlist with these fields.

Check "match the following rule"

1st "Date Added"
    2nd "is after"
    3rd "1/1/1990" (or whatever is the earliest date you added songs.)

Check "match only checked items"
    Check "live update"

There. A playlist containing all your checked songs that will update as you update your checked itunes songs.

Only con is that this includes podcasts. So if you have some uncheck them b4 you sync then recheck after you sync and you'll be fine.

It is possible. I use it because I have a touch and a storm and keep the same music on both.
    11-03-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD