I recently removed all my mp3s and songs from my BB and then put them back on because some of the artists randomly disappeared from the artists list.

Since I've put the songs on again, some of the artists aren't appearing from the get go when I go into Media>Music>Artists, but when I go in to set my ringtone the files are shown there.

Does anyone know how I can make sure the files appear in my library where they are supposed to so I can listen to them? Thanks.
    06-28-09 11:58 AM
    I had this happen to me but on a reboot they all appeared
    06-28-09 12:01 PM
    I tried turning it off and back on, nothing happened...I'm having the same problem.
    06-28-09 12:09 PM
    Pull battery w/device on. If no results, following worked for others:

Media > menu > explore > locate music files > menu > show hidden > highlight bbthumbs.dat > menu > delete > switch 2 options folder > memory > menu > remove media card > menu > reinstall media card. New bbthumbs will be created.
    06-28-09 12:23 PM
    From JRSCCivic98...

This has been discussed numerous times. It has to do with corrupt index files. Search the removable drive (memory card) for files called BBThumbs.dat. You will find one in each directory on the card. Delete them all and let the Storm reindex/scan the card entirely WITHOUT GOING INTO MEDIA PLAYER right after you unplug it from your computer.
    06-28-09 12:46 PM
    I can tell you from personal experience that the bbthumbs file mentioned above is the culprit. It has happened to me many times. Easy fix though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 02:24 PM
    So if I delete these files, what is this actually doing? This file isn't needed?
    06-28-09 02:38 PM
    Yes it's needed, but the one one your phone is corrupted. It's an index file that tells the phone data about the songs that are on your sc card. If you delete it, the phone will automatically create a new one that wont be corrupted.
    06-28-09 02:46 PM
    Thanks a lot everyone, I've fixed the problem. On another note, why does everyone always say to do a battery pull? I've never done one it sounds like it would be bad for the unit. How do you do it properly? How often should I do this? And why?
    06-28-09 05:15 PM
    W/device on, remove back cover > pull out battery for anywhere from a few secs to 5min > replace! Itsa reboot similar 2 that on a computer. W/storm it is a good practice @ least once/week & is necessary under certain circumstances of phone malfunction.
    06-28-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD