• Blackberry Storm by farrrrrrr

8 12.31%
  • Blackberry storm is a bit better

7 10.77%
  • About equal

11 16.92%
  • Ipods (and other music players) are a bit better

14 21.54%
  • Ipods (and other music players) were made for music - let it be the best for music

21 32.31%
  • I do not have any mp3s (Ipod, Zune)

0 0%
  • I have not tried the Storm's music

4 6.15%
  • I do not listen to music

1 1.54%
  • What is love?

4 6.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Give your honest opinion. Which has better sound quality?
    Discuss.
    01-23-09 07:33 PM
    my poor ipod hasnt been in use since my new storm. i think the storm sounds better? could be the new headphones im using though. motorolla bluetooth dj
    01-23-09 07:37 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, the only advantage the Storm has over an iPod is the speakerphone. Other than that, the iPod has better equalization, better sound quality, it can be turned up louder without distortion, and it (so far) has better support with third party hardware.
    01-23-09 07:42 PM
    my poor ipod hasnt been in use since my new storm. i think the storm sounds better? could be the new headphones im using though. motorolla bluetooth dj
    Same here lol. I would have bought an iPod touch for the sakes of WiFi if the storm did not have good audio, but it is amazing... And free ringtones + alarms ^.^ It is amazing being able to wake up to any song that I choose rather than the default preset music lol
    01-23-09 07:44 PM
    wow no more posts
    01-23-09 08:11 PM
    Not an ipod fan but I have a Zune and it kicks Storm *** musicwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 08:11 PM
    iPhone is much louder with less distortion than the Storm. Also, the iPhone/iPod dock in my car sounds better than plugging in the headphone cable to the AUX jack in the stereo. Fact is, iPhone has Storm beat at multimedia but the Storm wins on productivity features. The TRUTH is, they are both really, really good devices.
    01-23-09 09:10 PM
    Ha. Just saw the results of this poll. Either people haven't used the iPhone/iPod hardware, are just biased for anything BB, or they are not audiophiles. Post this poll in the iPhone forum and I think you see different results. (If people are truthful). I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but many high end players have gone up against the iPod and failed.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 01-23-09 at 09:20 PM.
    01-23-09 09:13 PM
    My iPod Touch doesn't get use anymore, but that' b/c I like having it all on one device. The Storm is a tad laggy/touchy when it comes to music. Syncing is nowhere near as easy (or fast) and the volume on the Storm is just too loud for me at the office. And after having the music player going for 1-2 hours at the office, it starts having issues playing the music and I get all these red blinking error messages.

Hopefully future updates make the music player more iPod-esque in many areas.

However, I think the sound quality is fine. No problem there. I can't wait to get some stereo bluetooth headphones!
    01-23-09 09:26 PM
    I like my Storm's media player (video/music), but my iPod classic rocks. However, Storm kicks the iPhone's **** when it comes to a "total package." (IMHO of course!)

I do find myself using the iPod classic less and less lately, as the Storm's multimedia capabilities are totally excellent. I may just end up selling the iPod!
    01-23-09 10:07 PM
    I tend to still stick with my ipod classic, nano, or touch, just because they are easier to use, at least I feel that way, maybe it's just because I've been using them for so long. Though I do think the storm is really good for music and video play back, I keep a thousand or so songs and a movie on it just to have.

I'm leery of using it in school as my mp3 player because last time I did that I forgot to exit the media player and i bumped the unpause button during english class and it started blaring Porcupine Tree hahah fortunately my english teacher likes me.
    01-23-09 10:10 PM
    While the Iphone does sound good I have to say the over clarity and volume level is better on the Storm. A buddy of mine has the Iphone so he and I are always comparing and arguing over which is the better phone overall. Even he supports my opinion that the sound quality is better on the Storm.
    01-23-09 10:13 PM
    The poll was so unfair lmao! It didn't just have an iPod choice, but it was a single storm choice.. Oh well. I think the iPod is better. I don't mind carrying two devices
    01-23-09 10:26 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, the only advantage the Storm has over an iPod is the speakerphone. Other than that, the iPod has better equalization, better sound quality, it can be turned up louder without distortion, and it (so far) has better support with third party hardware.
    my ipod has a speaker . and wifi

I am forced to carry both when traveling.

but this is better then having to carry my old phone, my Dell Axim and my ipod. I am now down to 2
    01-23-09 10:27 PM
    lol interesting results. Imagine the storm + iTouch combination
    01-26-09 05:11 AM
    omg can you imagine????an ipod AND a phone in one device?

One of these days apple is going to catch on and create this kind of ipod-phone and make tons of money!

it might actually be the top selling phone on the market
    01-26-09 05:52 AM
    My Storm is a much better music player than my Treo 700P was, but by now I am very much hooked into Itunes so even though Rhapsody to Go works on the Storm and it allows me to keep some music with me all the time, I don't plan on giving up my Touch anytime soon, unless or until DRM goes away enough to allow me to the bb up to Itunes.

b.b.
    01-26-09 06:08 AM
    I only use iPods for music
    01-26-09 07:50 AM
    As far as hardware goes, I say they are equal. Both play music and video's without issue. Where the Ipod (or Iphone) is better is with its integration into Itunes. Makes buying or renting media a joy. BB still isnt there yet.
    01-26-09 10:07 AM
    The Storms slow and buggy OS make it unusable for a video player in my opinion, I have not attempted playing music yet, you would think the Storm could muster it. The iPhone is better across the board, no contest.
    01-26-09 11:27 AM
    The Storms slow and buggy OS make it unusable for a video player in my opinion, I have not attempted playing music yet, you would think the Storm could muster it. The iPhone is better across the board, no contest.
    I have 8 movies on my storms SD card and they all play perfectly. Not sure what issues you are having.
    01-26-09 11:35 AM
    this isn't even close to being a contest: the ipod is clearly the better device for music (as an apple hater, it really does pain me to say this)

the storm's music feature is extremely clunky. i'll use the storm in a pinch, but i much rather use my ipod nano for music.
    01-26-09 12:34 PM
    I have 8 movies on my storms SD card and they all play perfectly. Not sure what issues you are having.
    My Storm plays them perfectly as well but I'm petrified of running out of juice (Say, after watching 2 hours of video on an airplane)

So I normally just use my iPod Touch for that. I'm more comfortable with that interface anyway.

That being said, the speaker is crystal clear on my Storm and I have no problems playing it either in short pinches (or if I know I won't be needing to rely on my phone heavily later that same day)
    01-26-09 12:34 PM
    My Storm plays them perfectly as well but I'm petrified of running out of juice (Say, after watching 2 hours of video on an airplane)

So I normally just use my iPod Touch for that. I'm more comfortable with that interface anyway.

That being said, the speaker is crystal clear on my Storm and I have no problems playing it either in short pinches (or if I know I won't be needing to rely on my phone heavily later that same day)
    That is totally true. On my Iphone I could get about five hours of video playback. On the storm, its more like 2.5. My bold was even worse as far as battery and video. Lets hope this can be fixed via a software update.
    01-26-09 01:13 PM
    this isn't even close to being a contest: the ipod is clearly the better device for music (as an apple hater, it really does pain me to say this)

the storm's music feature is extremely clunky. i'll use the storm in a pinch, but i much rather use my ipod nano for music.
    No idea why you feel that way. Once songs are on the strom, playback and navigation is clean and straightforward. Sound is great as well.
    01-26-09 01:14 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD