In phone mode (portrait), with the keypad up I'm trying to use the keypad to search for a contact, but every time I touch one of the keys it enters the letter but doesn't scroll through the letters. So if I hit 4444 (fast) I get "high". (no pun intended)

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, but it's hard to describe so I've seen scattered posts, but NO solution. Is this a bug, a setting I need to change, or a phone defect??

Thanks for any info!
    11-27-08 10:12 AM
    Its a bug you have to enable multitap each time you want to us it...I made a thread about this a few days ago search for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:21 AM
    Thanks Dan, I read it.

So is the only real solution to wait patiently for a software upgrade that will correct the "bug"?
    11-27-08 10:44 AM
    no, you don't have to enable it everytime? Just go into options > keyboard > portrait keyboard > and click multitap instead of suretype
    11-27-08 10:46 AM
    It reverts back to the other way in a somewhat unpredictable fashion. I have to change it to Suretype and then back to Multitap for it to work again.
    11-27-08 10:52 AM
    My Storm searches fine using Suretype keypad. It will display contact(s) that match typed letters.
    11-27-08 11:42 AM
    I am having the same problem. I have gone through every user guide I can find and I follow the directions but within a few minutes, it switches back to SureType. I can't even get close to the word I want when using SureType.
    11-29-08 02:15 AM
    well to be honest I haven't even tried searching with multitap I have 2000 or so contacts and suretype always seems to find them so have you tried just using suretype?
    11-29-08 02:26 AM
    well to be honest I haven't even tried searching with multitap I have 2000 or so contacts and suretype always seems to find them so have you tried just using suretype?
    Noaim
    I am also having the multitap problem. So I followed your advice and turned on SureType. After playing around with it (it is a bit counter-intuitive) I finally got it to work. Since the Multitap feature seems buggy, I will stick with SureType.

Thanks
    12-01-08 10:06 AM
    Have you made sure that your autoText is disabled? I had this same problem and it was fixed by disabling the AutoText, which resulted in a normal multitap.
    12-01-08 10:10 AM
    2000 contacts? thats lunacy. i have 210 and i could get away with deleting 160 of them lol.

but yeah i just wanna bump this to see is someone has a fix.
    12-14-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD