So many troubles; they're possibly related when I try to search for answers on the forum.

First, yesterday my Storm wouldn't read as being connected to the Desktop Manager. I yanked it from one (J) drive and inserted it in another (K) thinking maybe it was just a bad USB connection. Same trouble, did a search where it was suggested going into the folders, deleting a part, and then reinserting the start up CD. That worked.

Then, in Windows Explorer, I was trying to get an idea of the structure of the handheld. It showed a memory folder and an SD card. But neither could be clicked to show anything. So I dragged a few photos into the device (using the Roxio software) to see where they ended up.

Also, at some point, I thought I had enabled options such that everything would automatically go into the SD card to keep the memory free.

Today I tried to learn a bit more, and this is the way it appears on Explorer:

I am not sure why it shows up twice, since it is only connected once. And I'm not sure why there is a different folder structure in each one. And in one of the drive layouts, 4 pictures taken with the camera today showed up in memory (which is maybe why my memory is down to 14.6 MB and other things are getting goofy) but none of the photos imported last night show up at all. In the other folder structure, it seems to be reflecting last evening's viewing because the 4 pictures taken today are not there, and last evening's imported pictures are all there. (This is Vista, which I wouldn't put past being a contributing cause here; I don't know why it hasn't cleared out the free USB port.)

Can anybody tell me what's happening, and hopefully how to cure it? What brought checking up on all of this was that twice today when typing an address into the browser, the video camera came on. I gave up on typing that combination of the URL. Finally I just rebooted. Then it just did the same thing while trying to Forward some notes in an email; clicking one of the keyboard keys activated the video and froze everything else.

Sorry to ramble, just trying to give every possibly pertinent detail. Anyone have the patience to help?

Thanks!!!

David
    01-07-09 12:40 PM
    So many troubles; they're possibly related when I try to search for answers on the forum.

First, yesterday my Storm wouldn't read as being connected to the Desktop Manager. I yanked it from one (J) drive and inserted it in another (K) thinking maybe it was just a bad USB connection. Same trouble, did a search where it was suggested going into the folders, deleting a part, and then reinserting the start up CD. That worked.

Then, in Windows Explorer, I was trying to get an idea of the structure of the handheld. It showed a memory folder and an SD card. But neither could be clicked to show anything. So I dragged a few photos into the device (using the Roxio software) to see where they ended up.

Also, at some point, I thought I had enabled options such that everything would automatically go into the SD card to keep the memory free.

Today I tried to learn a bit more, and this is the way it appears on Explorer:

I am not sure why it shows up twice, since it is only connected once. And I'm not sure why there is a different folder structure in each one. And in one of the drive layouts, 4 pictures taken with the camera today showed up in memory (which is maybe why my memory is down to 14.6 MB and other things are getting goofy) but none of the photos imported last night show up at all. In the other folder structure, it seems to be reflecting last evening's viewing because the 4 pictures taken today are not there, and last evening's imported pictures are all there. (This is Vista, which I wouldn't put past being a contributing cause here; I don't know why it hasn't cleared out the free USB port.)

Can anybody tell me what's happening, and hopefully how to cure it? What brought checking up on all of this was that twice today when typing an address into the browser, the video camera came on. I gave up on typing that combination of the URL. Finally I just rebooted. Then it just did the same thing while trying to Forward some notes in an email; clicking one of the keyboard keys activated the video and froze everything else.

Sorry to ramble, just trying to give every possibly pertinent detail. Anyone have the patience to help?

Thanks!!!

David
    One answer to your bunch of problems:

Blackberry Drive J: and Blackberry Drive K: --- they are different storage areas. One is the internal device storage (1GB) and the other is the media card (8GB). Just right-click and then look at properties to see which one is which.
    01-07-09 12:49 PM
    BLACKBERRY2 is always the 8GB memory card.... You need to set it up on the Storm itself to save files to the 8GB card (pictures, music etc) as it defaults to the internal memory.
    01-07-09 12:56 PM
    Blackberry2 (J: ) == microSD card
    Blackberry1 (K: ) == Storm 1GB internal memory

With the video camera coming up, make sure you're not accidentally hitting the side convenience key (which defaults to launching camera app).
    01-07-09 12:58 PM
    Solution, rename your Media Card to Media Card... then you will know which is which :lol:
    01-07-09 01:11 PM
    Thank you guys!

I had thought that things were set up to always go into BB 2, but of course will go through again.

I'm pretty certain that I wasn't hitting the convenience key because I was using it horizontally, and it happened at the exact same letter of the URL.
    01-07-09 01:30 PM
    Just double check your memory card settings on the Storm. Make sure you have Mass Storage Mode Support on. Like others have said, there's 2 devices, the phone memory itself and the memory card. You should be able to simply drag and drop files just like any other flash drive.
    01-07-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD