I already know that the storm posesses the capabilities of multi-touch as exampled in sms/email selection and copy/paste but i believe that the ability to zoom in/out the way the iphone and palm pre does(two fingers slide) would be a sure way to beef up the bb browser. Also the addition of this zoom feature to pictures in the media player would be great also. Can this be done by a software update or is it something that we have missed out on. Or better yet can it be implemented by a 3rd party-browser like bolt or opera?
    02-08-09 06:43 PM
    No apple owns it will go after anyone that has it. That feature is a pia using one hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 06:53 PM
    pia?? and if apple owns it then why has it been used in the Pre and also in the microsoft tablet and on some pcs running windows 7
    02-08-09 07:11 PM
    My laptop uses pinch zooming, I'm running Windows Vista.
    02-08-09 07:17 PM
    My laptop uses pinch zooming, I'm running Windows Vista.
    exactly, so why cant RIM ive this phone some love, inertia scrolling, pinch zoom, and i swear on somebodies mamas grave that if the app store doesnt come out on time, ima take a trip to Waterloo
    02-08-09 07:22 PM
    The reason is because Apple just received the patent during the last two weeks, and all those others who have this functionality will have to deal with them now, unless they already have cross-licensing agreements. The Pre is the specific example that Apple named of those who do NOT. This should be interesting...
    02-08-09 08:29 PM
    Wasn't the Apple patent only for pinch zooming?

I do not understand why RIM doesn't integrate inertia scrolling. The AP new application uses it.
    02-08-09 09:19 PM
    This is just to let everyone know that I'm filing for a "Breathing" patent on Monday. Everyone in the world is going to be in big trouble in a few weeks when I get it.
    02-08-09 09:19 PM
    This is just to let everyone know that I'm filing for a "Breathing" patent on Monday. Everyone in the world is going to be in big trouble in a few weeks when I get it.
    I just patented Respiration. So even your done plus I can sue every living thing in the world. You have limited your targets to animals
    02-08-09 09:46 PM
    Haha you guys are amazing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:09 PM
    lol, best post i've read since joining!
    02-08-09 10:15 PM
    Good Luck! I have already filed for a "patent" patent last week.
    02-08-09 10:37 PM
    Good Luck! I have already filed for a "patent" patent last week.
    haha well back on topic,
    would you think there is hope for maybe a third party browser using it and yeah i gotta agree give us inertia scrolling its bamf lol
    02-08-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD