I heard there's an alarm app that allow you to ste up to 6 alarms... Can some help me find it. An OTA would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:58 PM
    I heard there's an alarm app that allow you to ste up to 6 alarms... Can some help me find it. An OTA would be nice.

Let me google that for you

im not sure of any free ones but i'd be interested in one.
    05-05-09 07:13 PM
    The app that you are looking for is the Adorno! MultiAlarm Pro and it is available in the CB App Store for $6.49. There is also a free trial of the app.

05-05-09 08:28 PM
    The app that you are looking for is the Adorno! MultiAlarm Pro and it is available in the CB App Store for $6.49. There is also a free trial of the app.

i live and die by my alarm, and this App is perfect. You can set an infinite amount of alarms. I usually have round 9-10 set. Love it. My only gripe is that it doesn't save your alarm settings when you do a backup or OS upgrade, so i have to reset all of them every month or two when i do OS updates. Other than that it's perfect, it works everytime
    05-05-09 11:44 PM
    i live and die by my alarm, and this App is perfect. You can set an infinite amount of alarms. I usually have round 9-10 set. Love it. My only gripe is that it doesn't save your alarm settings when you do a backup or OS upgrade, so i have to reset all of them every month or two when i do OS updates. Other than that it's perfect, it works everytime
    Does it power on the handset?
    05-12-09 07:25 PM
    Like if the phone is powered off will it start up and ring the alarm? I don't know, i never turn my BB off. Sorry.
    05-12-09 11:32 PM
    I bought MultiAlarm and it worked just like I wanted. The trouble is that when the alarm matures and the popup appears then it unlocked the Storm if it was previously locked. I mentioned this to the developer.

I then upgraded to OS 141. If the Storm was locked, then pressing any old button would unlock it, not just the Unlock button top left.

So, I saw StormSlider and thought "just what I need"! StormSlider catches this and put up a StormSlider screen and you can only unlock by sliding across the StormSlider sceen.

Unfortunately, when the MultiAlarm matures and the Popup appears StormSlider takes over and puts up the StormSlider screen before you get a chance to acknowledge the MultiAlarm popup.

Note that the problem does not occur if you use an alarm set by the built-in Calandar app. The popup appears, you can acknowledge it, and the Storm stays locked.
    05-13-09 11:11 AM
    Like if the phone is powered off will it start up and ring the alarm? I don't know, i never turn my BB off. Sorry.
    Enyone else who's not that important)?
    05-13-09 12:25 PM
    Just tested for you. Set my alarm for 2 min ahead of real time and then turned off my phone. Waited 4 minutes, turned phone on my own. Nope, the alarm did not wake the phone up to sound. Sorry
    05-13-09 07:28 PM
    Thank you. That sucks!
    05-13-09 07:43 PM
    Ok, did some further testing for you. You can set the phone profile to silent. Then set the Adorno MultiAlarm to whatever volume you want (defaults at 100 (really loud)). The alarm will still sound, even though the phone is in silent. So instead of turning your phone off, you could just set it to silent, and still use the alarm. It's sound isn't affected by the phones profile.
    05-13-09 08:22 PM
    bought it but has huge memory leaks.... drains my file free to dangerous levels and i have to reboot every couple of days. in addition, if the device is password protected, multialarm crashes and i have to reboot the phone. developer told me to upgrade to latest OS for BB Bold, but I'm already on the latest official AT&T OS (this is a work device). Have you experienced this? How do you get around this?
    06-11-09 01:44 AM
    bought it but has huge memory leaks.... drains my file free to dangerous levels and i have to reboot every couple of days. in addition, if the device is password protected, multialarm crashes and i have to reboot the phone. developer told me to upgrade to latest OS for BB Bold, but I'm already on the latest official AT&T OS (this is a work device). Have you experienced this? How do you get around this?
    You only have to reboot your phone every couple of days? Wow, your lucky lol.
    06-11-09 02:12 AM

You know, you can set all the alarms you'd ever want in the calender too
    06-11-09 02:18 AM
    You know, you can set all the alarms you'd ever want in the calender too
    everyone says this. But when you need to set 8-10 alarms often, it gets annoying making a new calendar entry all the time, or edit the old ones to move dates and times. I like just having all my alarms already ready, i just click em once to turn em on. Sooooo much easier.

Never have had this problem. I have been using the app since day 2 on this Storm and have never gotten any memory leak from it (have had storm since jan 4th). Since moving to .132 OS for my storm and later, i only have to batt pull like once a week. And i am still usually at 20 MB of free app mem, i am just rebooting for the sake of rebooting. Gotta love good OS's

Never PW protected my phone, so i can't comment on the other issue. I use Patternlock from Tafasa and the alarm still sounds despite the lock being engaged, it's great.
    06-11-09 03:22 AM
    hey, a simple way around the problem of turning the phone on when it is off would be to set the regular alarm for XX:XX time and it will turn the phone on for whenever it is set... just set the multialarm for after that time and you'll be good.
    06-11-09 05:29 AM
    I bought both the Adorno MultiAlarm and the BBsmart Alarm Pro to try them.
    It's a matter of preference I guess, but they are both very very similar, and same price.

I prefer the BBsmart Alarm just because it is more colorful and eye catching.

*Both of these apps had a problem using the ringtones stored on my SD card. I ended up just moving the ringtones I wanted for my alarm to the device storage and they play fine.*

BBSmart Alarms Pro - Updated and Price Slashed | CrackBerry.com
    06-11-09 05:56 AM
    everyone says this. But when you need to set 8-10 alarms often, it gets annoying making a new calendar entry all the time, or edit the old ones to move dates and times. I like just having all my alarms already ready, i just click em once to turn em on. Sooooo much easier.
    You can use the calender app to set 8-10 alarms and never touch them again also. I have a diff schedule every other week, So I set my first alarm at the desired schedule and select every other week. I then do the same with the second alarm. You can also select your own music to wake up to.

I have not had to touch my alarms since I set them up and it intergrates with the alarm clock app, so even if your phone is powered off, it should power on and execute the alarm app.

To me the calender app is way more flexible then either of these alarm apps, and I have had bb smartalarm pro.
    06-11-09 06:46 AM
    You cannot set custom tones to different alarms in Calendar...I use Adorno + Patternlock and it works great. I've never had a problem using a custom alert from my SDcard. Only negative is the alarms don't save after an OS upgrade as stated in an earlier post.
    06-11-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD