1. a.gani@schooluniformdirect.co.uk's Avatar
    hey, i know initially i am going to get the **** ripped out of me, for not reading through posts etc..

but honestly there are so many and then the search facility means that i am finding posts that feature anything to do with exchange - including exchanges and the amount we complain about this phone almost every post contains the word exchange! hahah

anyway i was wondering if anyone can give me an absolute idiots guide on how to set up my storm with my Exchange outlook.

We run a small internal server where we get our e-mails through outlook (the main account will sync fine) however i dont use the main one, i have my own personal.. but when i try to get the Desktop manager to find it... its finds it, but then Desktop Manager stalls.

Please can someone help me. as i cant sync the right calenders aswell!

i really need a step-by-step guide!

i will be eternally grateful!

Thanks a million

alex
    05-14-09 10:58 AM
    Does your company have BES?
    05-14-09 11:19 AM
  3. a.gani@schooluniformdirect.co.uk's Avatar
    nope, just whatever came in the box?

were not a massive company - just me and my bro.. he usues the general [email protected] e-mail and i use my [email protected] but we run the computers whereby we both get the different inbox's onto our desktops/laptops - but i can only see my [email protected] when i am connected to the server?

I dont know what the technical term for this is!

im such a nob, i really should pay attention to this stuff.
    05-14-09 12:06 PM
    This will help get OWA internet outlook on you BB via adding it to you BIS account.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/
    05-14-09 12:15 PM
    hey, i know initially i am going to get the **** ripped out of me, for not reading through posts etc..

but honestly there are so many and then the search facility means that i am finding posts that feature anything to do with exchange - including exchanges and the amount we complain about this phone almost every post contains the word exchange! hahah

anyway i was wondering if anyone can give me an absolute idiots guide on how to set up my storm with my Exchange outlook.

We run a small internal server where we get our e-mails through outlook (the main account will sync fine) however i dont use the main one, i have my own personal.. but when i try to get the Desktop manager to find it... its finds it, but then Desktop Manager stalls.

Please can someone help me. as i cant sync the right calenders aswell!

i really need a step-by-step guide!

i will be eternally grateful!

Thanks a million

alex
    What does that mean? Can you please clarify a little. Are you saying you have more then one account on the same Exchange server (polled via different profiles in Outlook) or are you saying you have another Exchange server with a separate account on it.... or simply just a 3rd party email account (pop3) that's not hosted within the company or the pre-indicated Exchange server.
    05-14-09 12:19 PM
  6. a.gani@schooluniformdirect.co.uk's Avatar
    i have more then one account on the same Exchange server (polled via different profiles in Outlook) - i beleive.

Basically we have the generic e-mail - [email protected] which desktop manager has no problems syncing with -

but the different Mailbox profile [email protected] - a User on the same Exchange Server - i cant get to, as when i select it in Desktop Manager - it Just stalls DM.

Thanks
    05-14-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD