Have a doctor friend who is trying to find an application that will let him read MRI's. I was just watching TV and noticed that they just advertised an app for the Iphone that does this. Just curious if anyone know of such an app for the BB.
    02-19-09 08:35 PM
    I wouldn't want my DR reading my MRI from a phone.

Sounds like a bad DR to me.
    02-19-09 08:57 PM
    I don't think Osirx is out yet on the Storm (that's the app for the MRI)

I also don't see the utility in it. For a rough study, maybe. For an actual interpretation of an MRI, I'd like to see who can do it as quickly/accurately/and efficiently on their iPhone as they can from their PACS workstation.
    02-19-09 09:00 PM
    I wouldn't want my DR reading my MRI from a phone.

Sounds like a bad DR to me.
    But if you had a brain aneurysm while your doctor was in the middle of traveling, I'm sure you wouldn't complain that he was worried enough to read your MRI where he couldn't get to a computer.

I'm not a doctor, but I'd much rather see apps like these made than COMPLETELY USELESS apps like fart machines and shavers...
    02-19-09 09:05 PM
    I use the ipod touch app to show interesting MRI's to med students ... it's a good teaching tool. But kinda limited, esp with the small screen.

still wish they had it for the storm
    02-19-09 09:12 PM
    I'm a radiologist, and I can tell you that there are very strict image resolution requirements imposed by the feds. Even the most robust off the shelf desktop monitors do not meet those requirements. There is no way I would ever attempt to review an MRI on a smart-phone screen
    02-19-09 09:20 PM
    From talking to my friend this is something that he would like to have the capability of doing while on the road. Not for percise reading but something he look at to maybe start diagnoising(sp) sorry about he possible spelling error I am not the doctor.
    02-19-09 09:21 PM
    To Brianr0131:

I just wanted to let you know the Dr runs one of the best Ortho offices in our area of the state. I have trusted him with a couple of my issues, and issues that my children have had. I think he is just looking for a way to be a little productive while on the road. I do not believe he will be using these to do any operations by, or make final decisions.

Thanks for your input, this is what this site is all about.
    02-19-09 09:56 PM
    Thats funny this topic came up this week, I experienced it first hand. Went to the Dr. reference torn tendon in elbow, while my Dr. was in the room reading the "report" from the Dr. that interprets the MRI, he showed me the images on his Iphone. During this time, my Dr. actually caught a tear the original Dr. missed......morale of the story, it's not the equipment that matters, it's the operator.
    02-19-09 10:39 PM
    Thats funny this topic came up this week, I experienced it first hand. Went to the Dr. reference torn tendon in elbow, while my Dr. was in the room reading the "report" from the Dr. that interprets the MRI, he showed me the images on his Iphone. During this time, my Dr. actually caught a tear the original Dr. missed......morale of the story, it's not the equipment that matters, it's the operator.
    are you a doctor? are you a rad tech? Physicians assistance? what kind of doctor was the first one that read it? do you have his report?

I wouldnt comment on something like that if I didnt have some experience in the field. I am not trying to insult you but a comment like that can make people not in the medical field come up with a different interpretations/understanding of how images are diagnosed.
    02-19-09 11:13 PM
    are you a doctor? are you a rad tech? Physicians assistance? what kind of doctor was the first one that read it? do you have his report?

I wouldnt comment on something like that if I didnt have some experience in the field. I am not trying to insult you but a comment like that can make people not in the medical field come up with a different interpretations/understanding of how images are diagnosed.
    I don't know how you interpreted my post, but please re-read it, you must have skipped something...I am not a doctor and yes I do have the report and yes it was read by two Orthopedic doctors and yes a tear was missed on the original read of the MRI.

I stand by my quote, an inexperienced person can have the best equipment and not be able to type his name, while and exerienced person can accomplish a lot with a little......is that better?

You haven't read any elbow MRIs recently have you?.....you are awfully defensive.
    Last edited by donas2000; 02-19-09 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typed "idiot" and it showed up ******
    02-19-09 11:34 PM
    Ya know, before all this came out I had the same thought.

Had a motorcycle accident in the summer and luckily all I messed up was my thumb. Spent a good couple hours in the ER waiting for the allegedly on call hand doc to come in. He didn't. I thought it would've been great if they could just get it to him via BB or something, so he wouldn't just duck the calls because he didn't want to come in. Or send it to another guy who could look at it quick.

X-Rays, not MRIs, but close enough. I guess.
    02-19-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD