So.......last Saturday night around 7 in the morning, I reached over to grab my beer after a hard night of drinking and the entire thing just poured into my Storm. I picked it up and turned it over and all kinds of beer ran out of the sides of the touch screen. It was at this point that the thing just completely bricked up. Nothing on the touch screen would register, nor would the main keys. I figured it was done. Took the battery out, let it dry for 30 minutes or so and booted it back up. The thing worked absolutely fine, no problems. One corner of the screen tends to stick a bit when I click it but other than that, my Storm survived a near fatal Heineken drowning. I was rather impressed. Just wanted to share the story.
    02-05-09 10:49 AM
    what a shame... wasted beer...
    02-05-09 10:51 AM
    The crazy part was when my Storm woke up in the morning, it didn't remember a thing!
    02-05-09 10:53 AM
    LOL

Great story, and came with a happy ending.

02-05-09 10:55 AM
    the storm apparently can party with the best of us (or worst)!!
    02-05-09 10:58 AM
    So.......last Saturday night around 7 in the morning, I reached over to grab my beer after a hard night of drinking and the entire thing just poured into my Storm.
    Drinkin' till 7AM will do that to ya

Those daze are a distant memory for me...If I drank until 7 in the morining now...I would not only be spilling beer on my Storm...but most likely be spilling it over my head and everyone else at that point
    02-05-09 11:02 AM
    What a trooper. Maybe your storm can put my storm through potential beer spill bootcamp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:04 AM
    What a trooper. Maybe your storm can put my storm through potential beer spill bootcamp

Well......some of the other BlackBerrys are worried and are considering having an intervention. Mine just thinks they're jealous......
    02-05-09 11:09 AM
    I hiked the GA portion of the Appalachian Trail last week and I decided to take the storm with me. For the most part of the day it was off, but at night i would power up. I was extremely happy with my storms performance and quite surprised that it had no problems running in the single digit weather. I think we have a tough little device.
    02-05-09 11:13 AM
    I think we have a tough little device.
    I agree. I did the classic "get out of the car with the phone in your lap" move yesterday and my Storm skidded across the salt covered street. We've all done it but I tried really hard not to with a $500 phone. It didn't phase it whatsoever.........
    02-05-09 11:16 AM
    Mr Beer usually wins. I am impressed!
    02-05-09 11:17 AM
    Storm is a party animal psht
    02-05-09 11:19 AM
    Is your BB willing to admit powerlessness, or is he still in denial? lol
    02-05-09 11:21 AM
    ^ I agree. I'm glad to hear this thing can take it b/c mine has had some close calls with clumsy uncle jack.

02-05-09 11:23 AM
    I agree. I did the classic "get out of the car with the phone in your lap" move yesterday and my Storm skidded across the salt covered street. We've all done it but I tried really hard not to with a $500 phone. It didn't phase it whatsoever.........
    OH I'm so thankful to hear this. I normally do this all the time, but haven't yet with my STORM!
    02-05-09 11:30 AM
    At this point you should dismantle it and clean out whatever is in there, or at least I would. Chances are you're not going to get it replaced unless you have insurance.
    02-05-09 11:37 AM
    Great story thanks for sharing. I spoke with a guy yesterday at my law firm that dropped his Bold (which was only 3 weeks) into his coffee. Not sure how you drop your phone INTO a cup but he managed to do it (keep in mind that this was 5 weeks after he drove over and crushed his Curve). Either way, he called so he can have his wife's old Pearl placed on my Firm's BES. But he said the same sort of thing. He let his Bold try and it is working fairly well except that it has started to reboot at random times. Still not bad for taking his coffee with a little cream, sugar, and BlackBerry.
    02-05-09 11:53 AM
    I was at the gym the other day using the treadmill. I use my storm as my mp3 player these days (finally a good alternative to the iPod). It slipped, hit the treadmill belt and flew off the back. I was wondering what I was going to find when I picked it up, but there wasn't even a scratch on it! I'd say it passes the durability test.
    02-05-09 11:57 AM
    I was at the gym the other day using the treadmill. I use my storm as my mp3 player these days (finally a good alternative to the iPod). It slipped, hit the treadmill belt and flew off the back. I was wondering what I was going to find when I picked it up, but there wasn't even a scratch on it! I'd say it passes the durability test.
    I had my LG vx8600 in a front shirt pocket after a heavy night of drinking, it was time to use the bathroom. I leaned over to lift the lid and out come my phone. It sank to the bottom of the bowl pretty fast. That phone was toast after that!
    02-05-09 12:16 PM
    thats why i drink Guinness its heavy enough that most electronics minerals and small farm animals float on top of it!
    02-05-09 12:30 PM
    LMAO

You got lucky. Hopefully no one took advantage of your Storm when it was drunk.
    02-05-09 12:49 PM
    I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when it actually does break but the Storm has been pretty resilient so far. Then again, if you've ever compared the weight of the thing to another BlackBerry model, you notice the difference immediately. It feels much more stable and well-built.
    02-05-09 01:03 PM
    Thats for sure.
    02-05-09 01:14 PM

...last Saturday night around 7 in the morning...
    hmmmm.... interesting concept of time!!
    02-05-09 10:23 PM
    lol - great story

glad it didn't turn out bad
    02-06-09 10:04 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD