I just bought the Storm a few days ago and thus far am absolutely enamored with what it can do. This is my first Blackberry and I don't know how I lived without one for so long!! Crazy!

But anyway. Is there anyway for me to put MP3s directly into the Ringtones section so that they don't get mixed with my music?
    05-30-09 09:53 AM
    On your media card (& device memory, for that matter) there are several folders. Including Music & Ring Tones, put your mp3 ringtones in the Ring Tones folder and not the Music folder. This can be done with your pc using explorer easily if you have Mass Media Mode enabled (Options -> Memory).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 09:59 AM
    You could also use a ringtone maker (plenty of free ones online) to make your mp3s into ringtones.
    05-30-09 01:44 PM
    Just click on the song and hit the BB button to bring up the menu. You should see "set as ringtone"

05-31-09 09:52 AM
    Yeah I usually just cut out what part of the file I want to use. This can be done with just about any wave editor. Then plug
    in to pc, mass storage mode, and drag to ringtones folder.

05-31-09 01:27 PM
    Otter box works great.

05-31-09 01:50 PM
    Otter box works great.

just curious, did you mean to post that in this thread?

I don't see what otter box has to do with adding mp3's as ringtones
    05-31-09 02:33 PM
    I think they meant to post it in the following thread which was located right under this one when posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ott...-storm-238174/

05-31-09 02:50 PM
    i use this mbuzzy mobile | your life. connected. chat. friends. free downloads.
    it works really well. let me know if you need help.
    05-31-09 03:09 PM
    I just bought the Storm a few days ago and thus far am absolutely enamored with what it can do. This is my first Blackberry and I don't know how I lived without one for so long!! Crazy!

But anyway. Is there anyway for me to put MP3s directly into the Ringtones section so that they don't get mixed with my music?
    Correct me if I am wrong... but I think you are referring to your ringtones showing up in your music playlist as well? I have created a few good ringtones from Dumb and Dumber and sent them to my phone... Low and behold, they are saved only as ringtones, but my music playlist has picked them up and plays them too.... kinda annoying really, but at least my BT headset has music controls, so it is easy enough to skip past them.
    06-01-09 03:30 AM
    Just click on the song and hit the BB button to bring up the menu. You should see "set as ringtone"

Has anyone else noticed that it you buy a MP3 from VCast Rhapsody, this function is disabled?!? What gives?!?

06-01-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD