Been working on this all night, cant seem to get my old ringtones (from curve) to go over to my 9530.. anyone else having this problem? I've tried first by moving them to my desktop, then over to the media card, then even doing a email to the phone with mp3 attached.. nothing.. please tell me this phone has MP3 ringtone capability.. .. .

thanks in advance to anyone who can help
    12-06-08 09:30 PM
    Just open the media player, select the file you want to use as a ringtone, hit the menu key, and select the "Use as ringtone" option. That may not be the exact text, but it's pretty obvious if you can read.

I don't know if that sets all files in that particular directory as ringtones or if it's on a file by file basis, but that's how you do it.
    12-06-08 09:40 PM
    i dont even get that option when i menu the file..
    12-06-08 09:43 PM
    BTW.. the file paths are showing up under > Ringtones.. but not displaying in ringtones, instead showing up in MUSIC..

also is this correct, the file extensions are songname.mp3.rem
    12-06-08 09:47 PM
    Whoops, left that part out... Needs to be in the music directory for it to be picked up on by the music player. Also, after you've set some MP3 as a ringtone, you have to scroll all the way to the top of the ringtone list, select "Browse..." go to the music directory, and pick the file you want.

And you should be fine with just plain .mp3 if it's in the music directory.
    12-06-08 09:54 PM
    i copyed all off my other mem card. took the mem card out of the strom put it in an adapter and put it in my comp and copyed back to card on the strom and put card in storm. mine work fine
    12-06-08 09:56 PM
    i did both of what u are saying.. nothing works..

now the mp3s are all showing "file unrecognized" errors on the phone..
    what am i doing wrong here..
    12-06-08 10:18 PM
    Are the MP3s you're trying to use DRM'd? If they are, they won't work.
    12-06-08 11:41 PM
    i dont think there DRM..

ok.. some progress.. took card out of curve, moved all files onto internal.. then took storm card..
    i tried to put them on and BAM!.. they get moved back to music, and become non working.. cant even move them back to internal to get to work....

.. all is working sorta.. but wow if i have to do this every-time what a pain.. anyone know where i can get fresh ring-tones to test this ?
    Last edited by uniqueinvestor; 12-06-08 at 11:55 PM.
    12-06-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD