I have a Pearl now and use it on my corporate BES. IT sets a security policy on it to lock with a password after a certain amount of time. I want to upgrade to the Storm this weekend but I want to know if I'm going to have to type in the password every time I lock the screen? I don't mind locking it after 60 minutes but would hate doing it fifty times a day.
    01-21-09 07:17 PM
    You can set the security from 1 minute up to 1 hour i love my storm and you probably will to.
    01-21-09 08:31 PM
    But do I have to unlock it every time I lock the screen or are there to forms of locking?
    01-22-09 06:08 AM
    Hi, no you do not need to enter your password every time you lock your screen. Just press the lock button located at the top left corner to unlock it every time. Hope this helps.

PS. The Storm ROCKS!!!!!
    01-22-09 07:35 AM
    Hi, no you do not need to enter your password every time you lock your screen. Just press the lock button located at the top left corner to unlock it every time. Hope this helps.

PS. The Storm ROCKS!!!!!
    No that is not true. If you have the phone set to use a password you need to enter
    The pass word every time you unlock no matter if you use lock button or if it
    Locks after the set time you choose....you will also need to enter your pass word when connecting to
    Your PC to install apps or make changes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:07 AM
    Thanks, that answers my question. I'll order a case from here like the one I use now for the Pearl. That way I can carry it in my pocket.
    01-22-09 09:00 AM
    No that is not true. If you have the phone set to use a password you need to enter
    The pass word every time you unlock no matter if you use lock button or if it
    Locks after the set time you choose....you will also need to enter your pass word when connecting to
    Your PC to install apps or make changes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, I was assuming she had set it up without password enabled.
    My BAD!
    01-23-09 06:28 PM
    got the Storm today and so far I love it. I also got a pocket case to keep me from having to lock it and unlock it every time.
    01-23-09 08:49 PM
    Sorry, I was assuming she had set it up without password enabled.
    My BAD!
    Just be sure to CAREFULLY read the post you are going to respond too, then you are more likely to avoid the bloopers.

Welcome to Crackberry
    01-23-09 09:36 PM
    I'm confused and I really don't think you all have explained locking, unlocking, passwords, enable, disable and holstering very clearly to newbie sweetsdream, at all !

Doctor Neutron
    01-23-09 11:05 PM
    I locked my storm 9530 and now it tells me my password is wrong..how do i get around this?
    02-01-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD