1. soco352's Avatar
    First off I want to say that I've been on this site looking at the storm for a while but this is my first post...I finally got to get my hands on one at Best Buy yesterday and I have to say that personally I like it alot. I'm coming from a Voyager (which I can't stand btw) and I would have bought one but I don't want to pay full retail as my early upgrade date is not until Feb. 8th. I've heard on these forums that some people have been successful in getting CS to move the upgrade date, but I have tried 3 times now without success...

    For those that have succesfully had CS move the upgrade date, what excuse did you use for them to do it...I don't want them to move my NE2 date, just my early upgrade date...

    *Just in case someone lives in the Tampa Bay area, Citrus Park Bestbuy had 5 of them there as of yesterday night.*
    11-26-08 09:15 AM
  2. soco352's Avatar
    I hate to bump this but no one has answered my question...

    bump
    11-26-08 09:34 AM
  3. Sparty06's Avatar
    I had my NE2 moved up 5 weeks. I just told them that since I would be a getting a Storm I would be adding services increasing my monthly bill, therefore it actually benefits VZW to let me upgrade. They moved it up with no problems.
    11-26-08 09:47 AM
  4. soco352's Avatar
    I tried telling them that but that was a no go as well...what phone were you coming from??
    11-26-08 09:49 AM
  5. cerob's Avatar
    I was able to get them to move my upgrade date from 1/31/09 to 11/23/08 in order to order my Storm. I just explained to them that I am coming from a Family Share Plan & I wanted to do an Assumption of Liability (AOL) & move over to my own account with the Storm, so basically I would go from paying $15/mo to paying them over $110/mo & signing a new contract, once I explained all of this to them (via email) they went ahead & changed my upgrade date.

    When I went back in to my local Verizon Store I was dealing with the same woman behind the counter & she was shocked that I was able to get my upgrade date moved up, especially since it was moved up about 2.5 months & it only took 1 email. I even took the email with me & let the woman read the email, she was still in shock.
    11-26-08 10:23 AM
  6. bugg77's Avatar
    You could also just add a line for $10 and then you'd get the storm for that price and could move your current number onto the storm.

    Then in Feb, you can cancel the other line
    11-26-08 10:28 AM
  7. erauno's Avatar
    it depends on who you talk to. i got on the phone with a cs rep a couple weeks before the storm came out. My NE2 is 5-2009. but the woman on the phone said she would hook me up when the storm came out, so i would only pay 249 and extend my contract, 6 months early. And she would call me when the storm came out.

    She called but i told her to wait a couple weeks to see if the bugs are out. So apparently they have power enough to do something like that. (at the call centers, that is)
    11-26-08 10:33 AM
  8. bigearl198's Avatar
    Haha i got my 8830 in Jan of 08 called in Oct 08 told them my phone cant get a MMS message with out going online ( the phone had no camera) and that just a pain since i have blackberry and i pay so much a month so they hook me up a year early
    11-26-08 02:33 PM
  9. stevcha's Avatar
    You could also just add a line for $10 and then you'd get the storm for that price and could move your current number onto the storm.

    Then in Feb, you can cancel the other line
    This is what I had to do. They would not move my date up. Remember that you also have to pay the $35 activation fee.
    11-26-08 02:35 PM
  10. soco352's Avatar
    man I've done all of those things but they refuse to move up the date...I've even explained to them that I would be paying more for the new plan as well but still nothing...

    I wonder if it has something to do with the phone that I got...I only paid $99, for the voyager back in Feb. when it was still retailing for $250...

    Also if I use above suggestion and just add a line, then in Feb. I would have to pay an ETF, no??
    11-26-08 03:54 PM
  11. djjd311's Avatar
    My NE2 date was not until 12/28/08. I called on Monday and they upgraded me right a way. I always do these things with the call center people. Have much greater success this way.

    My justification to them was that since the phone was showing shipping delay until 12/15/08 they should just upgrade now becuase it would take almost til the NE2 date anyways.

    Currently, I am a blackberry curve user and also prior to this was an 8803e user. Maybe this helped. Not sure if it helps you though.
    11-26-08 04:03 PM
  12. maddie1128's Avatar
    No- you would cancel the old plan and keep the new one-- that's all. And you can still keep your #.
    11-26-08 04:06 PM
  13. soco352's Avatar
    thanks guys for all the help...I called CS again and to no avail..no move up date...guess I'm going to have to wait until feb. or bite the bullet and pay full retail.
    11-26-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD