I recently moved from a BES to a BIS account on my storm. I really miss syncing my outlook calendar with my BB, is there any easy way to do this with out using the gmail sync?

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I always post in the storm2 threads... feel free to move it.

thank you.
    04-27-10 08:03 AM
    Without Google Sync, there is no "official" way to sync your Calendar OTA through BIS. There was talk that the June BIS update may offer true GCal sync, but that is just rumor. While there are several 3rd party apps/companies out there, other than Google Sync, they typically charge some form of monthly fee.

But, if you're feeling adventurous, you can build yourself a Funambol server and do it yourself:

https://www.forge.funambol.org/DomainHome.html

Marc K.
    Staying In Sync - Home
    04-27-10 08:40 AM
    Without Google Sync, there is no "official" way to sync your Calendar OTA through BIS. There was talk that the June BIS update may offer true GCal sync, but that is just rumor. While there are several 3rd party apps/companies out there, other than Google Sync, they typically charge some form of monthly fee.

But, if you're feeling adventurous, you can build yourself a Funambol server and do it yourself:

https://www.forge.funambol.org/DomainHome.html

Marc K.
    Staying In Sync - Home
    Thank you. I am looking into making a server now... it doesn't look that hard.

I just wish they had a way to sync, even though USB... its kind of hard to believe they never implemented something like that for BIS users.
    04-27-10 10:52 AM
    You can sync with outlook using USB with the Desktop Manager!
    Use the Synchronize feature.
    04-27-10 02:13 PM
    You can sync with outlook using USB with the Desktop Manager!
    Use the Synchronize feature.
    Yeah I tried that before but it errored out. I can't remember the error but it never worked.

The problem is with Outlook. I bought my work computer when I left my old job so the Outlook is still set up with my old work email... and for some reason it won't let me delete the settings without hitting the mail server.

So frustrating... I may just build a BESX server.
    04-27-10 02:44 PM
    Usually when the sync errors out its caused by a single contact or calendar entry. If you look at the sync logs on your pc it will show you where the error is. Do a search for the location, I'm on the train and don't remember where it is off the top of my head.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD