I have had 2 Tours now and I have had this Storm 2 for about a week. Storm 2 is the worst phone I have ever had so I am going back to the 8830...the last of the real Blackberries. If anyone wants a barely used Storm 2 (...I think it is reconditioned because it wast a replacement phone for the Tour) let me know. Not sure what they are worth but I will see what they are going for on eBay.
    05-04-10 04:14 PM
    user error. Especially if you think the 8830 is a better device.
    05-04-10 04:52 PM
    What was wrong with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 05:35 PM
    user error. Especially if you think the 8830 is a better device.
    +1 Gazillion that. Purely a user error. I upgraded my wife's 8830WE (which she does not want to give up) recently so I know how good the 8830WE is. But to compare its usability and function as a smartphone with Storm 2 is beyond pale, if not pathetic.
    05-04-10 05:39 PM
    you obviously just like keyboard devices is all...thats fine, but to say that the 8830 is a better phone is talking out your you know what!
    05-04-10 05:41 PM
    I have had 2 Tours now and I have had this Storm 2 for about a week. Storm 2 is the worst phone I have ever had so I am going back to the 8830...the last of the real Blackberries. If anyone wants a barely used Storm 2 (...I think it is reconditioned because it wast a replacement phone for the Tour) let me know. Not sure what they are worth but I will see what they are going for on eBay.
    You've obviously never used a 9700. I don't own one but that's the best BB you can get.
    05-04-10 05:44 PM
    Well the problems with the Tour were not user error...I wish I had better luck with the Tours. The Storm 2 seems to work fine but I cannot deal with that touch screen. I have an iPhone as well and the Storm 2 is much harder to use. I cannot easily type on it and it takes a century for it to flip from portrait to landscape...but what I really don't like about it is that I always miss calls because I keep the phone in my pocket and the screen is just one big blood button.
    05-04-10 07:04 PM
    Good luck with that. I'm not a fan of the Storm either, but there's no way I'd step that far back into tech history. Most of my users have 8330's and can't wait to get them back after traveling with a WE.

I just did a fresh wipe on a loaner I'm sending back. No apps, no email, no contacts, nothing extra added:

File Total:47448064 Bytes
    File Free: 15902652 Bytes

Enjoy!
    05-04-10 07:18 PM
    Well I use a Vertu as my personal phone which is basically two cans attached together with a string.
    05-04-10 07:23 PM
    If you want a good physical keyboard device I would hold out for the Bold 9650. It looks like it will be very nice device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD