Does anyone know of any movie sites I can download a movie to the storm? Can I put a DVD on it? How would you do it?
    02-19-09 11:24 AM
    You can go to torrent sites like TPB and browse the Handheld movies
    02-19-09 11:38 AM
    ^^ like he said torrent sites work well. I use mininova.com but you can also use a dvd ripper on ur computer. I use xilasoft which works great which I also got from mininova

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:42 AM
    [quote=mattmv06;1726396I use xilasoft which works great which I also got from mininova

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/quote]

I also use Xilasoft that I got from thepiratebay. (Hope that is OK to say Mods!!)
    02-19-09 11:44 AM
    I rip the dvd on the computer then use hand brake to convert
    to mp4 then drag onto media card. Works awesome watching platoon now.

02-19-09 11:44 AM

what do you use to get the dvd's on the comp? thanks
    02-19-09 12:27 PM
    forgive the stupid question, but i'm betting you guys will have a quick answer to a quick question:

What video file types are supported? mp4 has been mentioned in this thread, but what about .avi?
    02-19-09 12:30 PM
    dvd fab5, free edition. search this forum for movies on storm and look at the DVD to Storm with Pictures thread. guy did a super job. PM me if you cant find it. ill send the link.
    02-19-09 01:24 PM
    I usually rip to MP4...AVI files often have codecs that aren't exactly "standard", so some have issues, some don't.

If you want to rip movies to MP4 that'll work great on the storm, go to magicdvdripper.com and download their software. It's a "trial" version, and very user friendly.

You get 5 uses before having to register it. Not 5 movie rips, 5 uses. So open it, rip 10 movies...and close it. 1 use. The Ipod touch/iphone setting looks great on the storm.
    02-19-09 01:34 PM
    either download the movie online... or you can google "dvd decrypter"... it's an older software but free. find a link to download and instructions on ripping...

then a simpler way to convert to playable format on your bb is to just use the media manager available through desktop manager. it offers conversion options/quality/etc, when copying to your bb.
    02-19-09 01:45 PM
    I have been looking for a web site where I can buy movies (and NOT subscribe a membership or something) to view on both my laptops and my Storm, but I was surprised that there is NONE!!! Last year, I can buy movies off the Walmart web site. But now they pulled out of the online movie sales business for some unknown reason.

All other web sites you have to sign up as member and put down deposit. But all I want is to be able to buy movies once in a while, with no membership or string attached. If anyone know any web site, please let me know. Thanks.

02-19-09 01:51 PM

I second hand brake I don't know if it runs on windows or not but I love it on mt mac!

02-19-09 01:56 PM
    I use AnyDVD and CloneDVDMobile to put DVDs I already own/that my bf owns on my phone.
    02-19-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD