Tried looking up show times in the browers while out last night... ugh.

Any apps/sites that make this a little quicker?

I searched here and tried m.mypoynt.com - it says "Storm app soon", and tribute.ca doesn't seem to recognize any zip codes I put in.

What's a fella to do?
    01-15-09 03:35 PM
    That is one of the valuable features of VZ navigator. It finds theatres and movie times regardless of where u are.
    01-15-09 03:41 PM
    I think you can try m.fandango.com. Seach on the page with the mobile launchers and there should be one on there for Fandango.

I hope this helps.
    01-15-09 03:47 PM
    I think you can try m.fandango.com. Seach on the page with the mobile launchers and there should be one on there for Fandango.

I hope this helps.
    its actually mobile.fandango.com but that is pretty decent site I always loved windows live search on my curve just doesnt work for the storm yet
    01-15-09 03:58 PM
    It actally does work on the Storm. As stated in my previous post the OP can do a search for the mobile launchers page and there is one for Fandango.

Thanks
    01-15-09 04:11 PM
    That is one of the valuable features of VZ navigator. It finds theatres and movie times regardless of where u are.
    I agree, this one of the MANY things I like about VZ Navigator....
    01-15-09 04:13 PM
    From Google mobile search...
    Movies with your zipcode (movies 10169)

Its awesome!
    Last edited by ksmontoya; 01-15-09 at 06:13 PM.
    01-15-09 06:05 PM
    The best app to find movies that I've used is Windows Live Search. You can look it up by theater or by movies. Only thing is that it's not available for the storm yet. But you can download the 4.0 version and it should work. You just have to use the menu button instead of the touchscreen.

Go to wls.live.com
    01-15-09 06:38 PM

Its awesome!
    Wow, that is indeed awesome. Thanks! I never heard that before and it works great, from the landing page, you can either look at per-movie or a per-theatre listing. Cool.
    01-15-09 06:40 PM
    mobile.movietickets.com is also pretty cool. you can download a launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/la...u-want-114749/
    01-15-09 08:06 PM
    Moviefone has an application available for mobiles but I am not sure if it is compatible with the Storm.
    01-15-09 08:07 PM
    You can also text Google. Type movies (or a specific movie name) and the city or zip code.
    01-15-09 10:16 PM
    My browser homepage is my mobile igoogle page. I have the movie widget does a pretty good job listing movies and theaters by me. Have not tried the VZ nav since I deleted it right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 10:49 PM
    Thank you all for the tips!! Larry
    01-16-09 02:25 PM
    I use Google. Movie time and zip. Being that I like to go to the movies quite a bit I have it bookmarked also to go straight to it.
    01-16-09 02:27 PM
    I use moviefone.com on my storm and works great!
    01-16-09 03:09 PM
    All of these things work (I use the google "movies <zip code>" search)...
    but a slick app would be really awesome. You'd think it would be in fandango's interest to do something like this (or somebody else...) where you can buy the tickets... especially if it used the gps (or aGPS) to get your location rather than having to enter your zip code.
    The mobile fandango site works well and includes a synopsis of each movie... would be great if it also had a link to a 3gp trailer. Do any of the other sites link to trailers? (in a format we can watch)
    01-16-09 03:40 PM

Its awesome!
    Wow! I tried this and it worked great. Thanks.
    01-16-09 04:44 PM
    I like to use the new Viigo for movie showtimes. Once you add the city of the location you are in, you can see all the movies in that city or all the theaters in that city.

I tried Poynt, and seems good for showtimes, but it looks like you can do basically all the same things in Google Maps, with the exception of movie showtimes, so I might just uninstall it. I just wish Verizon would just allow us to use GPS with Google Maps.
    02-12-09 04:28 PM
    POYNT has an application for looking up movies and movie theatres in your area, its the best application out there for movies, you can even buy your tickets through poynt.

check it out... mypoynt.com
    02-12-09 04:38 PM
    POYNT has an application for looking up movies and movie theatres in your area, its the best application out there for movies, you can even buy your tickets through poynt.

I second that. I Love My Storm - Must Have FREE Storm Apps
    02-12-09 04:54 PM
    Ditto Point is killer.

02-12-09 07:17 PM
    def POYNT........awesome app with a pretty solid version for the storm, i've found so many new places to get chinese takeout near my home because of this app....mmmmmmm
    02-12-09 07:22 PM
    yeah i add to the long list of POYNT...ive used them all. poynt is hands down no comparison best
    02-12-09 07:32 PM
    use poynt. it has a great movie showtime feature.
    02-12-09 08:36 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD