Dubai_bb...
    I need to let you know that your posts are getting worse as you go.
    Don't ask me to point out the stupidity,it is very obvious.... Good luck in whatever you are trying to achieve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:48 AM
    Think about what your reason is for coming at me. I merely stated; my opinion that it was vodafone/verizon's greed that left wifi out of the storm 9530/9500. Then someone comes and goes on a rant at me claiming there was no room for it even though there is no proof of this.
    There is no proof of greed either. His "rant" claiming there is no room holds just as much water as your claim of greed.

In my opinion I don't see were greed is a factor. "What about the XV6800 and XV6700? They are both Windows Mobile smart phones on VZW and guess what? They HAVE WiFi? If Verizon didn’t want their phones to have WiFi, why discriminate with Blackberries? Doesn’t it make more sense to make it all encompassing? There is not a single CDMA blackberry phone on any network that has WiFI."
    Last edited by NuclearPigeon; 02-02-09 at 10:09 AM.
    02-02-09 09:39 AM
    There is no proof of greed either. His "rant" claiming there is no room holds just as much water as your claim of greed.
    "
    And I totally agreed with that and stated it from the beginning. I was the one that said there is no proof on either side, except he and the others were blasting me and calling me a liar while he stated his opinion as being fact.
    02-02-09 10:15 AM
    The Storm 2 will be here just in time for your NE2 upgrade discount
    With a 4" screen and higher res...............
    02-02-09 10:18 AM
    Another point. Sprint will roll-out WiMAX very soon, but Verizon has no plans for this. WiMAX will be a true broadband wireless network that overlays calls on VOIP like your cable lines do. This is not referred to as 4G though. Hope this helps.
    From what I have read WIMAX is pretty strong. It has greater distance; and takes less hardware to drive it. If I remember correctly
    02-02-09 10:21 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong but was the old TV anolag channels that Verizon bought not for WIMAX(a small amount set a side) and the other might be to push the 4g. I am not sure though how the lower frequencys effect data speeds. So this could be delayed if they delay the tv cut to digital. But I could be putting two unrelated items together.
    02-02-09 10:24 AM
    From what I have read WIMAX is pretty strong. It has greater distance; and takes less hardware to drive it. If I remember correctly
    This may be true, but Sprint is the only carrier going with WIMAX, so what is the coverage going to look like?
    02-02-09 10:27 AM
    not even close... well at least based on my comparison between my ipod touch and my storm.

with full bars, on the storm and an ok signal with wifi... the wifi will run circles around the storm. Even with graphics set at low.
    and no WiFi availabiltiy
    02-02-09 10:29 AM
    This may be true, but Sprint is the only carrier going with WIMAX, so what is the coverage going to look like?
    True; very true. Was just trying to make the point that WIMAX was not a bad tech.
    02-02-09 10:32 AM
    True; very true. Was just trying to make the point that WIMAX was not a bad tech.
    Neither is CDMA, but it's somewhat hobbled because the adoption is relatively low compared to GSM. If Sprint would have chosen LTE, they would have given themselves a much easier path going forward. Because they're not as big as Verizon, so they won't be able to throw their weight around and get WiMax devices, like Verizon can with CDMA.
    02-02-09 12:38 PM
    Any word who will get the contract to deploy LTE for VZW?
    02-02-09 01:46 PM
    Anyway, to get back on topic, I would think Verizon would run CDMA and LTE as parallel networks. Similar to what was done during the transition from analog to digital ... will take years to get everyone moved over to LTE.
    02-02-09 03:19 PM
    I would think Verizon would run CDMA and LTE as parallel networks.
    Absolutely. They really don't have much of a choice.
    02-02-09 03:36 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD