What a busy November for Verizon. According to our tipster, something big will be coming from Big Red on the 7th or the 8th of the month. Perhaps it is the HTC Desire/Hero which is a "with Google" Android device. That means no Sense UI. This looks to be Verizon's first Android powered model. Another huge event for the carrier will be the launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 9550. Our source tells us that the improvements are huge and that the change to the screen makes the Storm2 a legit iPhone challenger. As for first-gen Storm owners, the tipster confirmed our recent report that Verizon will send out a firmware update that will appear in the days before or after the launch of the Storm2. That is now being penciled in for the first or second week of November. With the final software for the sequel unit not yet approved, those predictions of a release on October 21st or 26th now appear to be incorrect (kudos to Walt Mossberg). Another BlackBerry that our source had a chance to preview was the Curve2, which he loves. He says it is longer than the original Curve with slightly bigger buttons, same sized screen, perfectly operating trackpad and much better quality in a thinner package.

Verizon has busy November coming (Storm2, Curve2, Desire, Droid) (Phone Arena News)
    10-19-09 03:53 PM
    The droid is the first VZW Android phone, not the desire. So I would take this with a grain of salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 03:56 PM
    phone arena is about as accurate as CPUGEEK
    10-19-09 03:58 PM
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was true, there hasn't been an official announcement by Verizon yet.
    10-19-09 04:03 PM
    Haha so so true, but with October coming to an end, the November release is looking more likely.

10-19-09 04:03 PM
    LOL! Good one!
    10-19-09 04:04 PM
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was true, there hasn't been an official announcement by Verizon yet.
    fecurtis I hold the same view. The probability that Storm 2 would be out after November 1 is higher than 50%.
    10-19-09 04:07 PM
    Yeah if they can't figure out if the Droid, an already announced phone isn't going to be the first Android phone by Verizon, probably not so true.

10-19-09 04:08 PM
    And if they think the storm2 is going to compete against iphone so wrong. Its the motorola droid. Haven't they seen the idroid commercials?

10-19-09 04:14 PM
    Just like everyone is saying Verizon is releasing the Droid before the Hero. Also "with Google" phones can still have sense UI just take a look at the Sprint Hero. Tell your inside source errr buddy that works at the Verizon kiosk in the mall he doesn't know what he's talking about.

10-19-09 04:17 PM
    Phone Area to me is a bunch of ******* with bad info. SO since they say Novemeber, I will put money on October lol.
    10-19-09 06:02 PM
    unfortunately a release the first week of november seems most likely at this point, i think were all telling ourselves "any day now it will be announced and in stores the next day"..... it just is getting less realistic
    10-19-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD