So far, I have had 0 problems with the touch response on my screen. However, the other day it was raining and a few small rain drops landed on my screen. Anyway, I attempted to scroll through the screen and it WOULD NOT respond at all. Nothing. Nada. I wiped it off- still nothing.

It wasn't until I did a battery pull and let the phone sit for a while did it function normally.

Very strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:16 AM
    Strange? For a storm? Nothing is outside the realm of weirdness for a storm lol

05-28-09 10:23 AM
    That is very strange. I wonder if it was just coincidence. I know I have been washing dishes before and not dried my hands fully before picking up the phone, and the screen will work just fine with my fingers being a little damp.

I want you to go out in the rain and test this again. (Kidding!)
    05-28-09 10:25 AM
    That is very strange. I wonder if it was just coincidence. I know I have been washing dishes before and not dried my hands fully before picking up the phone, and the screen will work just fine with my fingers being a little damp.

I want you to go out in the rain and test this again. (Kidding!)
    yeah sounds to me like its just a coincidence too, mine works when its been a little wet as well
    05-28-09 10:36 AM
    Screen unresponsive if my fingers recently wet!
    05-28-09 10:48 AM
    Interesting... question for the people who have found that the screen is unresponsive due to moisture-- do you use some kind of screen protector? I have a screen protector on my phone, and am curious to see whether this has something to do with mine working just fine with damp fingers...
    05-28-09 10:53 AM
    Was wondering about varying experiences. No protector on mine.
    05-28-09 10:58 AM
    Nothing strange here the screen is heat sensitive and also kind of gay u notice when u wear gloves it doesn't type....at least this is what vz rep in my town told me but I also realized it myself w my bb

05-28-09 11:04 AM
    Was wondering about varying experiences. No protector on mine.
    That may just be the key thing here, then. Hmmmm...
    05-28-09 11:05 AM
    Mine works, and no protector on mine
    05-28-09 11:28 AM
    Yesterday I was walking home and it wasn't raining but a huge drop of water landed directly on my phone. Figured I'd set the stage.

Anywhoodles, the screen was completely unresponsive for awhile and I freaked out. I did a battery pull and after a couple minutes everything worked dandy. Having a storm is like having a child--very nerve wracking, surprises around every corner, and when it performs well you're a proud parent.
    05-28-09 12:45 PM
    Interesting... question for the people who have found that the screen is unresponsive due to moisture-- do you use some kind of screen protector? I have a screen protector on my phone, and am curious to see whether this has something to do with mine working just fine with damp fingers...
    i have a screen protector on mine and ive noticed that if theres even a hint of moisture on my thumb or if ive just come in from the cold i cant scroll or click at all. could be related to the brand of screen protector too. i use the pre-cut one in the 3 pack from the vzw store.
    05-28-09 08:06 PM
    i have a screen protector on mine and ive noticed that if theres even a hint of moisture on my thumb or if ive just come in from the cold i cant scroll or click at all. could be related to the brand of screen protector too. i use the pre-cut one in the 3 pack from the vzw store.
    Same one I use. I guess there is no rhyme or reason for it then. Sounds like I just get lucky.
    05-28-09 08:08 PM
    Same one I use. I guess there is no rhyme or reason for it then. Sounds like I just get lucky.
    well that blows my theory right out of the water
    05-28-09 08:10 PM
    Nothing strange here the screen is heat sensitive and also kind of gay u notice when u wear gloves it doesn't type....at least this is what vz rep in my town told me but I also realized it myself w my bb

Your VZW rep told you your screen was "heat sensitive"? That is awesome.
    05-28-09 08:14 PM
    Doesn't the storm recognize the electricity from your finger?
    Electricity+water don't mix haha

05-28-09 08:15 PM
    Yeah; coming in from the cold and having the screen fog up, or walking from an air-conditioned environment out into a humid atmosphere has also had an adverse effect on my screen's touch responsiveness. After a minute or so it works again, but until then it is quite frustrating.

05-28-09 09:06 PM

The screen is NOT heat sensitive; it's a capacitive screen.
    05-28-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD