The blackberry storm from verizon is model # 9530, correct?

but that model uses a sim card.

according to the telus website their model # is 9530 as well, but telus is a CDMA carrier, no sim cards...unless they've changed recently and i missed it.

or is that something so small it would be the same model #?
    11-19-08 01:13 AM
    the 9530 is verizons model yeah. its a world phone so it includes the sim cad to run on gsm networks out of the U.S.

unless i am remembering wrong
    11-19-08 01:21 AM
    It has a sim card but it is for you to use same as the World Addition phones. If you travel then it will work like US, India that type thing. Atleast that is what I was told by a Telus rep. And we have the 9530 model
    11-19-08 01:23 AM
    ah ok.

so it will work without the sim card, the sim card is just in there for use outside of canada.
    11-19-08 03:06 AM
    ah ok.

so it will work without the sim card, the sim card is just in there for use outside of canada.
    not so sure if it will work without the sim card, sim card still holds all your information i believe.
    11-19-08 03:07 AM
    thats what im confused about, telus is cdma, they dont use sim cards, they manage your connection without them.
    11-19-08 03:09 AM
    Hey there, I service blackberry's during the day and understand most of that technology. The storm is a Quadband phone meaning it can work on the four major types of networks. GSM and CDMA are the two largest and most commonly recoginized. The sim card allows the phone to use the network(GSM) when the CDMA network is not available. Like in the UK, CDMA is not used. Therefore; the SIM card will allow that technology to work on that network. It will default to Verizons network in the US. Hope that helps.
    Brian
    11-19-08 08:17 AM
    to answer if it will work without the SIM, yes. The global function will not work, but it will still work in CDMA
    11-19-08 08:22 AM
    non-american GSM^^^^
    11-19-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD