Just signed up to Beta as well...

Question - internet connections on the phone itself get interupted when it gets mail (noticable when you are listening to a radio feed). Will this app have that same interuption?

Larry
    They shouldn't be interrupted.
    02-24-09 09:52 AM
    Are your speeds slower then MobiShark or regular tethering?

We are refactoring some code to hopefully speed things up.
    Sorry, I haven't done any other tethering. I was just comparing it to what I normally get (which isn't all that fast). I guess what I was trying to convey is that at while it is a bit slower (probably a lot for some ppl) than what I am use to it is still very manageable. I was able to use it all day without really feeling the effects of it. Did it take a bit longer? Yes. Did it work? Absolutely! I haven't really played around with downloading anything since the first weekend i got it, just normal browsing, chat, facebook, etc. All work great.

The only issue that I continue to have is actually getting it to connect. A number of times it still gives me only limited connectivity. This is after I have disabled other wireless connections.

I will test these out more this weekend once I finish school.

Finally, I think that a one time fee is better and I think $50 is reasonable. That is only like 2-3 months of VZW pricing.
    02-24-09 09:54 AM
    They shouldn't be interrupted.
    Excellent! Very anxious to try it.
    02-24-09 09:57 AM
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for not getting back on here sooner. I am busy making a pretty big change that should help improve the speeds so I will be spending most of my time working on that.

I'll try and answer questions when I get this finished up.
    02-24-09 10:04 AM
    Just something I thought I should post as well.

If anyone ever gets to a point where they see 0 packets being sent or received, you can fix it by disabling and then enabling the network adapter or rebooting.

I will look into fixing this issue in the near future.
    02-24-09 10:06 AM
    Can we continue the conversations on: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1772937
    02-24-09 10:07 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD