i ment cant download, typo, sorry i am also a little drunk on a sat afternnon
    02-21-09 04:11 PM
    whats the price going to be?
    We're still trying to work that detail out.
    02-22-09 08:22 AM
    jappadod, do you have a website or something that we can sign up with so that we're notified when you have released this program?
    Hi,

We are in the process of putting together a website for this software. I'll post more details when its ready.

If you are part of the beta test, you'll get an email when it has been release as a commercial product.

Thanks for asking
    02-22-09 08:24 AM
    @jappadod, looking forward to the fix on logging into sites like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Would also love to see the UDP implementation so that I may be able to VPN into work.

I have to say, your app makes tethering with the Storm all very transparent. Great job!
    Thanks.

I sent out a fix yesterday to all beta testers. Let me know if its working for you. If you don't see the email check your Spam folder. I had one person tell me it ended up there.

UDP is not implemented yet, but I hope to get it done in the near future.
    02-22-09 08:26 AM
    Utorrent for somereason will download anything. I am not using the stealth program you mentioned. To be honest i have no idea what that even is. The torrent is lost. When i hook my windows mobile phone i cant download at 180kb/s when i try you program nothing. I am going to keep playing around with it. Keep up the good work i am looking forward to a new release with the webpage updates
    You should try the patch I sent out yesterday. It will most likely fix your problems.

Not sure what you mean about the stealth program unless you mean the link to a torrent that I posted. It's just a test torrent that I tried called Steal This Film Part 2.
    02-22-09 08:28 AM
    sorry about the confusion on the torrent i mistook it for a program. I also apologise for my drunken text. If it makes any of you feel better i hooked up with a fat girl, So i got what i deserve. installing the new beta now hopefully this will work.
    02-22-09 02:04 PM
    anyone else getting an error message when they try to run the patch?
    02-22-09 02:30 PM
    anyone else getting an error message when they try to run the patch?
    Not I. Patch and original program work great. Make sure you take the exe file ("the patch") and use it to replace the one that is in C:\programfiles\BlackBerry Internet Sharing\

the patch isn't a stand alone program, just one file from the program.
    02-22-09 02:35 PM
    Not I. Patch and original program work great. Make sure you take the exe file ("the patch") and use it to replace the one that is in C:\programfiles\BlackBerry Internet Sharing\

the patch isn't a stand alone program, just one file from the program.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it .

I guess my instructions were not the best in the email.

Sorry about that.
    02-22-09 02:50 PM
    jappadod,

I just sent in a request for the beta. I hope I can get in. I think I'd be a good beta tester for you.

I didn't see it listed, will this work via bluetooth or just with a cable? I was about to pony up the money to verizon for tethering as my travel schedule goes into full force starting next week and I need to stay connected.

Ken
    02-22-09 05:55 PM
    Beta is up and running and running a million times better, excellent patch work! occasionally the connection will timeout and it seems completely random. Is there anyway to keep the connection from dropping?
    02-22-09 07:13 PM
    Beta is up and running and running a million times better, excellent patch work! occasionally the connection will timeout and it seems completely random. Is there anyway to keep the connection from dropping?
    Glad to hear its working better for you now.

Can you give me examples of when the connection is timing out? For example which application or which website?

I've noticed that sometimes my wireless signal on my phone will get weak for no apparent reason which will cause pages to seem to stall for a short period, but once the signal comes back everything starts running smoothly again.
    02-22-09 08:25 PM
    Its not working on Windows 7 ---64 bit.. It says on my bb trying a new port... let me know if any fixes are up
    02-22-09 08:52 PM
    Its not working on Windows 7 ---64 bit.. It says on my bb trying a new port... let me know if any fixes are up
    Hi,

It is not supported on 64bit operating systems yet. That is something we plan on getting going in the near future but I can't give you any specific date.

Sorry about that.
    Stephen
    02-22-09 08:54 PM
    Hi,

It is not supported on 64bit operating systems yet. That is something we plan on getting going in the near future but I can't give you any specific date.

Sorry about that.
    Stephen
    There is a work around though. You can run it in a virtual machine that is running a 32bit version of Windows.

The entire software was developed in a virtual machine environment.
    02-22-09 08:55 PM
    updated with the patch and no problems at all. having had any dropping issues. Using on a storm 9530 with vista via mac bootcamp.
    02-22-09 08:56 PM
    So far it seems to work, however, I'd expect myself to have a Verizon connection. However, when I look at the IP address I have, it is privatedns.com. What is this?

--IslesFan
    02-22-09 10:08 PM
    All the problems i seem to have with this program seem to be around utorrent. Utorrent downloads are very slow and after about an hour the connection drops. So far webpages seem to be solid i have not tried xbox live yet, that will be on my plate for tommorow.
    02-23-09 12:58 AM
    uncaught exception error is what get while using utorrent after 20 minutes. My downloads are also peaking out at 20k/s. any ideas?
    02-23-09 01:58 AM
    Has anyone noticed any memory leaks with the app installed on the phone?
    I'm trying to pin down which 3rd party app might be causing it. I haven't seen my memory drop below 30mb for a long time. Recently, it has dropped to to less than 15mb on a few occasions after being up for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 09:51 AM
    I have noticed memory leaks, but nothing to the extent that your having. My biggest issue is the error message and slow downloads. The Canadian version of yahoo is really annoying but i can live with that! I presume everyone else is getting that too?
    02-23-09 10:44 AM
    Ok so here is what i have noticed, After 20-60 minutes i will get an error message saying Uncaught exception program will close. My Internet downloads are crawling it doesnt matter if its a torrent or just a download off a webpage i cant go faster then 20kb/s. Xbox live will not connect i get an MTU error.
    02-23-09 10:59 AM
    you are tethering for xbox live? wow haha. and i thought utorrent was pushing it.

jappadod, i sent you a PM about the patch.
    02-23-09 02:29 PM
    Lol ya xbox live over rev-a is a pretty sweet connection, halo 3 is mint! That is why i am still using my windows mobile phone its so easy to hack for a solid tether connection. All i need is to be able to do this over my storm and i will be a happy man!
    02-23-09 04:00 PM
    Is it possible to become a beta tester for your software?
    02-23-09 05:21 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD