I have yet to get anything to let my storm see my D-Link DCS900 camera.

If you need any testers I am game.
    02-15-09 05:36 PM
    Hi Guys,

Just letting you know we had a couple of the beta testers try it out this weekend. The tests went well. We initially had an issue with one of them because of something in Vista, but that has since been fixed. Just thought I'd quote the email reply I got from that user.

"Just got back into town and installed the updated program on my Vista laptop and all I can say is WOW!!! Just like you said it works without making any adjustments to Windows or Internet Explorer. This is a great feature being that your only competition (MobiShark) forces you to change proxy settings before you can connect to the internet. I also opened several IE windows at the same time and had them going to different URL's without any issues (No connection limit!).Even graphically intensive sites like NBA.com loaded quickly. I checked out a video there and it was a bit choppy at times, but for tethering purposes it wasn't really an issue. I went to YouTube and had no issues watching its videos. People seem to have issues while using MobiShark in that they cannot get to some websites. I had no problems going to My Space, and EBay, two that I've heard had access issues. The program also worked well with two other browsers, FireFox and Google Chrome. I've yet to see anything so far that I can suggest to improve your program. After an hour of tethering I lost my connection. Not sure if you have it timed, but it shows that I'm still connected and a low amount of packets (probably keep alives) are being sent and received, just no more internet through tethering. I ensured that the BlackBerry Storm could still access the internet through its own browser.

I also checked out an internet speed test website prior to losing the connection.
    492 kbps download , 197 kbps upload"

So it worked very well except the connection being lost after about an hour. I think I've almost got that issue figured out and hope to test it soon.

As for the other beta testers, we are still waiting for the new hardware to get setup. Once its ready, I'll let you on.

Thanks for your patience.
    02-16-09 05:36 PM
    Hi Guys,

Just letting you know we had a couple of the beta testers try it out this weekend. The tests went well. We initially had an issue with one of them because of something in Vista, but that has since been fixed. Just thought I'd quote the email reply I got from that user.

"Just got back into town and installed the updated program on my Vista laptop and all I can say is WOW!!! Just like you said it works without making any adjustments to Windows or Internet Explorer. This is a great feature being that your only competition (MobiShark) forces you to change proxy settings before you can connect to the internet. I also opened several IE windows at the same time and had them going to different URL's without any issues (No connection limit!).Even graphically intensive sites like NBA.com loaded quickly. I checked out a video there and it was a bit choppy at times, but for tethering purposes it wasn't really an issue. I went to YouTube and had no issues watching its videos. People seem to have issues while using MobiShark in that they cannot get to some websites. I had no problems going to My Space, and EBay, two that I've heard had access issues. The program also worked well with two other browsers, FireFox and Google Chrome. I've yet to see anything so far that I can suggest to improve your program. After an hour of tethering I lost my connection. Not sure if you have it timed, but it shows that I'm still connected and a low amount of packets (probably keep alives) are being sent and received, just no more internet through tethering. I ensured that the BlackBerry Storm could still access the internet through its own browser.

I also checked out an internet speed test website prior to losing the connection.
    492 kbps download , 197 kbps upload"

So it worked very well except the connection being lost after about an hour. I think I've almost got that issue figured out and hope to test it soon.

As for the other beta testers, we are still waiting for the new hardware to get setup. Once its ready, I'll let you on.

Thanks for your patience.
    still no mac support ay?
    02-16-09 05:53 PM
    I am using windows 7 if you would like to have a tester try that
    02-16-09 06:26 PM
    Hi,

We've tested it on two Mac notebooks each running parallels. No issues running it like that.

Once we get this deployed, our next major focus will be to build a native Mac version. There seems to be a lot of people wanting that.
    02-16-09 06:39 PM
    I am using windows 7 if you would like to have a tester try that
    If you sign up to the link posted above, I'll get you in the beta as soon as our new hardware gets setup.

Thanks
    02-16-09 06:39 PM
    I am excited about this. I did notice (after I clicked submit) that it says you need XP. Is that going to always be the case and/or is there anything I can do with this Vista machine to make it work. Sounds like a great program!!!
    02-16-09 08:57 PM
    I am excited about this. I did notice (after I clicked submit) that it says you need XP. Is that going to always be the case and/or is there anything I can do with this Vista machine to make it work. Sounds like a great program!!!
    Hi,

I'll have to make a change to that description. It does work with Vista now. There were actually only a couple of changes that needed to be made to make it compatible with Vista. It probably will work with Windows 2000, but I have never tested it with that OS.

It most likely will not work with 64 bit versions of XP or Vista but I am hoping to get that running in the near future.

Thanks for your interest.
    02-17-09 05:18 AM
    I also purchased Mobishark, and I'm having a hard time making it work.

It will time out on certain web pages (and I'm not sure what those pages have in common), and freeze on others.

About 30% of the web sites I go to will open with no problems, but in general, I'm not having much luck with this program.

Any new tweaks to Mobishark that I can make?

Thanks,
    Garrett
    02-17-09 06:51 PM
    the best tweak for mobishark is too stop using it. I am currently using my windows mobile phone for tethering purposes and just use the blackberry for calls. Hoping this beta program can fix that!
    02-18-09 10:41 AM
    I tried it yesterday and am impressed. no changing settings like mobishark. faster than PDA net so far. will test more this weekend
    02-19-09 02:22 PM
    Will it work with VPNs? I need to connect to my work sometime when I am on the road. Can't always find a wifi spot.
    02-19-09 03:12 PM
    i just used the beta and i want to like it but it is still doing the same things that mobishark does. For example i can not get yahoo to load at all, the crackberry forums have the same problem. Programs such as utorrent will not download. anyone else having these issues?
    02-19-09 06:15 PM
    i just used the beta and i want to like it but it is still doing the same things that mobishark does. For example i can not get yahoo to load at all, the crackberry forums have the same problem. Programs such as utorrent will not download. anyone else having these issues?
    Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the feedback.

Some people are reporting issues logging into certain sites. I am working on trying to figure out why that is happening. Gmail is a big one that people seem to have issues with. I built a simulator while developing this product and it doesn't seem to have these problems, so that is helping me narrow down where the actual problem is happening.

Torrents should work for downloading. If they are not working at all can you tell me which torrent client you are using? I just tried uTorrent with stealthisfilm.com/Part2/ and was maxing out the bandwidth that my phone can handle. You most likely won't get a good upload rate since I haven't finished implementing the UDP protocol. I will try and finish that implementation over the next few days and send out an update unless I run into issues.

Also for the person that asked about VPN, it currently does not work because it also runs over UDP. When I finish the UDP implementation, that should start working.

Hope this info helps
    02-20-09 05:39 AM
    I just re-read your post and saw that you are using uTorrent. You are not able to download at all? That should work fine. Can you tell me which torrent you are trying?

Thanks
    02-20-09 05:41 AM
    Hi Guys,

I believe I have figured out the issue that is causing some people to have issues logging into and using gmail, yahoo mail and crackberry forums. I am posting this message right now while connected through my phone.

What I've done is really a hack so I need to work on changing some code and making it more transparent on your end. Once that's finished I'll send out an update to all the beta testers.

Thanks for all your help and feedback!
    02-20-09 10:31 AM
    whats the price going to be?
    02-20-09 10:44 AM
    jappadod, do you have a website or something that we can sign up with so that we're notified when you have released this program?
    02-20-09 10:48 AM
    This looks like a very promising piece of software! I look forward to being able to help out in testing any way I can if there is still need. And if not, please keep us informed when and where this will be available commercially!
    02-20-09 10:58 AM
    Subscribing to see about the new program being created...
    02-20-09 11:49 AM
    @jappadod, looking forward to the fix on logging into sites like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Would also love to see the UDP implementation so that I may be able to VPN into work.

I have to say, your app makes tethering with the Storm all very transparent. Great job!
    02-20-09 02:14 PM
    I have been using the beta with no problems so far. I haven't tried gmail yet. I did do a speed test and got about 700kbs with only like two bars. So far so good. I will try gmail and get back to you.
    02-20-09 05:14 PM
    The beta program is working great so far. I used it for about 5 hours connecting to a terminal server today. I experienced no lag or disconnections. It would also reconnect after I received a phone call with out any problems. My emails even still came though from BES when I'm connected.

Thanks again
    02-20-09 10:40 PM
    I am also a beta user. I had a hard time installing the pc setup. It crashed my laptop with blue screen due driver conflict with existing VPN drivers. Finally had to uninstall my VPN and then re-install this. It worked fine after that. Got downloads upto 900+ but uploads were very slow. Will test more. But great piece of s/w.
    02-20-09 11:53 PM
    Utorrent for somereason will download anything. I am not using the stealth program you mentioned. To be honest i have no idea what that even is. The torrent is lost. When i hook my windows mobile phone i cant download at 180kb/s when i try you program nothing. I am going to keep playing around with it. Keep up the good work i am looking forward to a new release with the webpage updates
    02-21-09 03:10 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD