man i cant wait until this is launched and hopefully I can get in on the beta! I filled out the form earlier today! So i havent seen any mention on pricing for this service. Any word?
    02-23-09 04:22 PM
    Here is a question i have not seen mentioned this ties into memory leaks and overall performance. What OS is everyone using?
    02-23-09 05:31 PM
    Submitted app for beta, hope I can try this out! I've tried the VZW internet access and it is really quick. Surfing webpages, skype, and a few downloads - I'd love to compare speeds.
    02-23-09 06:47 PM
    Ok so i am probaly the only person running the beta with new os109. i have already noticed a few things. With the new os version i am not getting the error message anymore. Well not after 30 minutes anyway, and memory seems to be a bit better. But for some reason my utorrent downloads are crawling 47 seeders and 6.6kb/s? i am going to try that movie file you tried just to see what i get with that torrent
    02-23-09 07:12 PM
    Hey Guys,

I am currently collaborating on the project with "jappadod". I will be assuming more of the marketing and support side of things.

I've noticed a few people asking about pricing. We would like to ask the community what you feel is reasonable? How much would you pay for a service like we have proposed? Would you like a one-time fee (higher upfront costs) or monthly fee (lower upfront costs)?

We are working hard to resolve remaining issues like memory leaks and other issues, but overall our beta tester feedback has been tremendous and truly amazing.

We appreciate the feedback!

Thanks
    02-23-09 10:06 PM
    I'd like to point out we've changed the page of the Beta Sign Up to: Beta Test | TetherBerry

If you've already signed up, there is no need to re-sign up.
    02-23-09 10:31 PM
    I just signed up to be a beta tester. I am actually going up north this weekend and this would be a great chance for me to test it out for you. I have mobishark but I would like to do more than just view web pages like I did with my old PDAnet program.
    02-23-09 10:38 PM
    already reported this to jappapod but just to let everybody else know:

i was on utorrent for half an hour and it worked fine. during a speedtest, i tested 15kb down and 9kb up. This is on EDGE with t-mobile, so the slow speeds are as expected. (No playing xbox live! lol) anyways, great program so far, will test it for a longer period of time when i am able to. I am on Sith's v3 hybrid (i believe it's .100 with .90 radio)
    02-23-09 11:52 PM
    Ok so after 6 hours of running the beta with the new .109 os this is what i have noticed. I get the exception has occured message when i receive blackberry messages. i have to restart the program and internet is back. My only real issue besides that error message is the download speeds for torrents i can not figure that out of the life of me. There is no reason why they shouldn't be flying. So what i am gathering is this acting like a proxy server? that would explain the canadian yahoo page and also explain the xbox live issue. Keep the good work that patch you put did an excellent job in the web pages. Hopefully in a few weeks or months this will program will work just like usbmodem or pdanet.
    02-23-09 11:54 PM
    i typed that on my storm so sorry about the typos. gkwong i just read your post anyway you can test 3gnetwork to see what your utorrent speeds are? how many torrents were you trying to download?
    02-23-09 11:57 PM
    i typed that on my storm so sorry about the typos. gkwong i just read your post anyway you can test 3gnetwork to see what your utorrent speeds are? how many torrents were you trying to download?
    tmobile is limited to EDGE only on the storm. there are only like 3-5 phones that work on tmobile's 3g and the g1 is the newest one. i was downloading 1 torrent at avg 6kb down, i saw it peak out around 12kb.
    02-24-09 12:48 AM
    I have had little to no issues with BBM and running the program. I am on 103. I do sometimes have connectivity issues though. Even if I disable it at times, it won't connect. I rebooted and this took care of that issue. I used it for about 4 hours on Sunday at it worked fine. A little slower than what I usually get, but overall, pretty good.
    02-24-09 01:37 AM
    mine were peaking at 30kb on 3g. using pdanet or usbmodem i can peak at 180kb. big difference there. I am sure the initial point of the program was just web surfing hopefully now that web surfing seems to be solid they can work on the other stuff.
    02-24-09 01:38 AM
    Lol maybe this program is just like the OS updates it works on every storm differently. Isnt that just special!
    02-24-09 01:40 AM
    I signed up for the beta. I have in the last 5 years been using PDAnet on Window Mobile platform. I tried MobiShark, too many limitations. I hope to be selected as a Beta tester. I would be using your program everyday and give you plenty feedback.
    02-24-09 03:07 AM
    Signed up.....looking forward to a better solution to mobishark

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 07:26 AM
    I have had little to no issues with BBM and running the program. I am on 103. I do sometimes have connectivity issues though. Even if I disable it at times, it won't connect. I rebooted and this took care of that issue. I used it for about 4 hours on Sunday at it worked fine. A little slower than what I usually get, but overall, pretty good.
    Are your speeds slower then MobiShark or regular tethering?

We are refactoring some code to hopefully speed things up.
    02-24-09 08:10 AM
    Thanks guys for signing up, we'll be sending out more beta tests today.
    02-24-09 08:11 AM
    Hey Guys,

I am currently collaborating on the project with "jappadod". I will be assuming more of the marketing and support side of things.

I've noticed a few people asking about pricing. We would like to ask the community what you feel is reasonable? How much would you pay for a service like we have proposed? Would you like a one-time fee (higher upfront costs) or monthly fee (lower upfront costs)?

We are working hard to resolve remaining issues like memory leaks and other issues, but overall our beta tester feedback has been tremendous and truly amazing.

We appreciate the feedback!

Thanks
    I'd like to see a one-time fee.
    02-24-09 08:19 AM
    Any ideas on pricing?
    02-24-09 08:20 AM
    I thought 50$ for Mobishark was reasonable, but after reading some of the issues/problems with it and having to adjust your browser each time - I don't think i would spend the 50$ on it.

On a side not, should we start another thread about this project instead of hijacking a review thread about the Mobishark?
    02-24-09 08:30 AM
    pdanet and usbmodem were one time fee's of 30 dollars. But i believe their beta testers got the finished product for free
    02-24-09 08:36 AM
    Let me try out the beta and I'll let you know exactly
    02-24-09 08:39 AM
    Agree, a one-time fee would be reasonable. $50 seems appropriate assuming it works the way it should.

Just think...You could take MobiShark "out of the water"
    02-24-09 09:28 AM
    Just signed up to Beta as well...

Question - internet connections on the phone itself get interupted when it gets mail (noticable when you are listening to a radio feed). Will this app have that same interuption?

Larry
    02-24-09 09:32 AM
106 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD