OK - I uninstalled MobiReader. Did a battery pull. Downloaded using the OTA instructions. I now have beta version 80, but it does the same thing. Can't find a setting that provides a full screen - keyboard is still permanent and screen locked in portrait mode.
    Do you have to have a book opened for it to work? I haven't tried that yet since I haven't converted any yet.
    No, you don't need a book open. I don't know how else to help you out. You can check here for more info and ask your question : www.mobipocket.com :: View Forum - Java Reader: Blackberry, Cybook (Bookeen), iLiad (iRex)
    01-22-09 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I went to the link, and others had the same problem. After the uninstall to clear the old version, then a battery pull, then a new install, I did another battery pull. That did the trick - full screen, touch screen, etc.
    01-22-09 02:08 PM
    I installed it but is seems to be running ONLY in an emulation mode. I get a permanent keyboard, portrait mode only, and a crappily formatted top half of the screen where some of the screen is obscured by the keyboard. That's the same thing I had last month when I downloaded MobiReader and tried it on my storm. Where's the improvement?
    The version is 6.0 Build 076.
    Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications. Highlight Mobipocket Reader, press Blackberry button & select "Disable Compatibility Mode" from the menu. Exit out and then restart device using a battery pull or equivalent. Should solve your problem.
    01-22-09 10:34 PM
    [QUOTE=shemmy;1471541]Mobipocket has a converter for free download on their web site. You run it on your computer:

Thanks a lot!
    01-23-09 04:36 AM
    I put mobipocket on my storm and tried to download the mobipocket version free ebook file from manybooks, when I select save it says "cant be displayed would you like to save it" I select yes and have tried saving both to device memory and media card but it is not showing up in the mobipocket library, didn't know if I am doing something wrong or if just a compatibility issue with the storm, has anybody else been able to successfully save ebooks from manybooks?
    01-24-09 11:22 AM
    Some of the functionality in the Mobipocket Storm version is only accessible from the keyboard - for example bookmarking, annotation, and zooming. However, I've searched all over the internet and can't find a guide that lists all the keyboard "shortcuts" (which on the Storm are actually "longcuts"). For example by running through all the keys I found that "b" creates a bookmark, but I can't find a key that takes me to a previously-set bookmark.

There are postings on the mobipocket forum and elsewhere suggesting that a tip sheet exists, but it seems to be a secret. On the mobipocket forum the developer says there are no manuals and promises to post a complete list of key codes, but then never follows through. Have any of you found a tip sheet with the key codes?
    01-24-09 12:20 PM
    Do you know if there is any way to assign a key to turn the page? I read at night often one-handed or it resting against another pillow as I usually fall asleep so positioning of the left side key to turn the page would be one more awesome step - I will ask the mobi crew but thought I would tap ya'll first.

Changing the font to BBAlpha Sans and the size to 17 makes the full screen an absolute dream....THANK GOD this is out.
    01-25-09 08:15 PM
    I really like this app and have been impressed with how easy it is to use. It works really well and I love being able to convert all kinds of docs into it.
    01-30-09 06:35 PM
    i have one problem with this app. When I try to go to pages, it doesnt take me to the right place. It gives me a list of 1-1276 or somthing, but that does not get more than half way into the book. I mean, if its going to count every screen as a page thats fine, but I need to know what page I am on. What If I want to read on the train but then read on my computer at home. how do i find the right place? does anyone know? its kinda worthless to have a book reader that does not allow you to find the right page.
    01-30-09 07:03 PM
    I put mobipocket on my storm and tried to download the mobipocket version free ebook file from manybooks, when I select save it says "cant be displayed would you like to save it" I select yes and have tried saving both to device memory and media card but it is not showing up in the mobipocket library, didn't know if I am doing something wrong or if just a compatibility issue with the storm, has anybody else been able to successfully save ebooks from manybooks?
    Does the file show up when you "Explore" your media card? If so, copy that file into the Ebooks folder. I had the same problem and that worked for me.
    02-05-09 10:54 PM
    I can't seem to get this app to close. It stays open no matter what I try.
    Left shift key + Q on the BOLD will close it out completely.
    03-02-09 12:06 PM
    Great tip. Mobipocket still starts up after a reset, but at least this way one can close the program out and have one fewer programs open causing memory leak. Now if only Epocrates would do the same.

Definitely don't think that either Mobipocket or my Storm can beat that!
    Does anybody know if there is a way to stop it from loading on startup? after a battery pull? Is there an equivalent of an msconfig on the Storm where we can choose what loads on startup? Thanks
    03-02-09 01:37 PM
    As far as turning the page with one hand goes, you can swipe your finger across the screen and it will turn the page back or forward.

For a BOATLOAD of free books (all downloadable in Mobipocket's native format), visit ManyBooks.net - Free eBooks for your PDA, iPhone, or eBook Reader

The problem with the keyboard not going away can be resolved by enabling compatibility mode and the disabling it again (I have had the same problem with a couple of other apps).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by icmedia; 03-02-09 at 02:01 PM.
    03-02-09 01:58 PM
    I can't seem to get this app to close. It stays open no matter what I try.
    Only way I found was to hit the menu key...go back to the library and close it from there.
    03-03-09 07:35 AM
    I was wondering as some others have posted.... is there any way to prevent mobipocket from starting at startup? I can't seen to find any settings to disable this.

Thanks
    03-05-09 07:24 AM
    I was wondering as some others have posted.... is there any way to prevent mobipocket from starting at startup? I can't seen to find any settings to disable this.

Thanks
    It is still beta, make sure you post your request on their web site so they can adjust that before final release.
    03-05-09 08:27 AM
    This is fantastic news. I haven't had a decent e-book reading experience since I decommissioned my Palm Tungsten T3 (yeah, I get it, I'm old). I can't wait to take it for a spin.
    03-05-09 09:03 AM
    hey guys, newb needs help! just downloaded the mobipocket storm beta version, but it doesn't seem to be storm specific. it swipes pages, but the keyboard won't go away to allow fullscreen, and it doesn't do landscape. i tried running it with and without compatability mode turned on with no success. any ideas?? thanks.
    03-12-09 08:40 AM
    Here is the link to the beta:
    Mobipocket Beta program - eBook reader for BlackBerry

Note that the main download page for blackberry is NOT compatible and is not the beta.

Also - you may want to check out ereader as well, they just releaseed their beta, I am in process of downloading an old book to compare (hehe, looking back I had over 70+ books in my ereader bookshelf).

Not sure which is better yet, may post something on that once I play with ereader - one thing out of the gate I know I will like is that they have setup the bottom and top half of the screen as clickable page back and forward as well as the standard swipe - this is nice as when I read laying down with one hand it is cumbersome to swipe but easy to just press down anywhere in the bottom half...hmmmm I digress sorry
    03-12-09 09:18 AM
    hi i hve blackberry storm9530 . but i dont know where is trackwheel. when i want to browse on internet and i punch website i dont know which button to push for browsing
    please help me.
    03-12-09 09:24 AM
    markyoung04, thanks, but i already have the beta version i think. it says in the application list that it's "mobipocket reader - B080 Beta 6.0.0.080" does that sound like the correct version?
    03-12-09 09:41 AM
    markyoung04, thanks, but i already have the beta version i think. it says in the application list that it's "mobipocket reader - B080 Beta 6.0.0.080" does that sound like the correct version?
    The problem with the keyboard not going away can be resolved by enabling compatibility mode and the disabling it again (I have had the same problem with a couple of other apps)....

<icmedia posted this props to him>
    03-12-09 10:02 AM
    crap! still isn't working! after i do the enable>disable trick should i do a battery pull?
    03-12-09 01:13 PM
    Someone add a +1 for the annoyance of having to close from the library and the stupidity of starting at boot up. I don't want to register just to say that. lol.
    03-12-09 01:22 PM
    Anybody else notice that when you run MobiPocket you can't access the GPS receiver? If I run MobiPocket and run Google Maps or Garmin they can't find the satellites. I have to close everything and do a battery pull before I can use Garmin with GPS.

Anybody else experience this issue?
    05-12-09 08:56 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD