12-11-09 12:44 PM
61 123
tools
    Now supports Storm in full screen mode and flip pages by swiping the screen.

Still in beta though, so install at own risk... though I have installed it and no probs! I have been waiting for this as I used this reader a lot on my curve. Best ebook reader around!

Mobipocket Beta program - eBook reader for BlackBerry
    01-20-09 09:29 PM
    I can't seem to get this app to close. It stays open no matter what I try.
    01-20-09 10:07 PM
    Any suggestions on sites to get free ebooks or magazines? I want to try and read something on the storm but I dont want to invest in a book to do it. If I like it i dont mind buying at all. Thanks

Abigfish
    01-20-09 10:18 PM
    This may save me from having to purchase RepliGo!
    01-20-09 10:21 PM
    That's apparently by design, for the same reason their installer leave yet another memory-sucking widget icon in the system tray. They have the app running 24/7 so that it can sync automagically when you plug it in to the computer. Apparently, they figure their userbase is too stupid to run it when they actually need it. I refuse to install it. I can manage my own syncing, damnit.
    01-20-09 10:22 PM
    You can convert ANY pdf into an ebook using the desktop version... (just go to the main site and you can download the desktop version from there)
    01-20-09 10:25 PM
    That's apparently by design, for the same reason their installer leave yet another memory-sucking widget icon in the system tray. They have the app running 24/7 so that it can sync automagically when you plug it in to the computer. Apparently, they figure their userbase is too stupid to run it when they actually need it. I refuse to install it. I can manage my own syncing, damnit.
    I agree its a small pita... but its the only pdf viewer that converts the file so it word wraps... so that you dont have to scroll sideways to read (or zoom out so far that the letters are too small to read). I have an ebook here in pdf format, where all the pages were scanned (not typed) so each page is actually an image... the desktop app actually extracted all the text out of it, and now I can read it without scrolling sideways. Thats why I like it.

If you dont want the resident memory thing... post your rant in the beta forum at mobipocket. Here's your chance to get your voice heard while they are still developing it.
    01-20-09 10:29 PM
    I agree its a small pita... but its the only pdf viewer that converts the file so it word wraps... so that you dont have to scroll sideways to read (or zoom out so far that the letters are too small to read). I have an ebook here in pdf format, where all the pages were scanned (not typed) so each page is actually an image... the desktop app actually extracted all the text out of it, and now I can read it without scrolling sideways. Thats why I like it.

If you dont want the resident memory thing... post your rant in the beta forum at mobipocket. Here's your chance to get your voice heard while they are still developing it.
    The Documents To Go .pdf reader (PDF To Go) word wraps.
    01-21-09 12:39 AM
    Mobipocket working fine - can't see any reason for it to stay open though. Glad to have it on the Storm at last. Just wish more of my ebooks had covers for the library to look a bit more aesthetic.
    01-21-09 10:03 AM
    is this build just for the storm?
    01-21-09 10:43 AM
    Long time Lurker. First time poster.

To close Mobipocket completely... while in Mobipocket, show the keyboard, then click on Shift and Q. It will close it out completely.
    01-21-09 10:52 AM
    I'm in love with this program - it really will spare me the $30 needed to register RepliGo's PDF reader. I have a lot of .LIT files, and an application to convert them to .PDF - now I can convert them to .PRC and get better formatting
    01-21-09 10:54 AM
    im in love to, now i can go back to reading books. yum yum books!
    01-21-09 11:21 AM
    YAY!!! Been waiting for this. Now just gotta wait till I go home and get my books synced to my phone. Love being able to read books while on the go.
    01-21-09 11:43 AM
    I've been waiting for this too but couldn't wait any longer and bought the new Sony eReader a few weeks back. Oh well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheFarmer; 01-21-09 at 12:18 PM.
    01-21-09 12:16 PM
    Hello all!
    Can I open a pdf file with this app?
    01-21-09 12:30 PM
    You cannot. However, Mobipocket does have a free program which will allow you to convert .PDF files to .PRC (Mobipocket) files.
    01-21-09 01:32 PM
    I get my books free from the library There's a lady in there real cute, low-cut open top who loves leaning in to you so you get a real good look. She makes learning far more interesting. Gold bless her...
    01-21-09 04:11 PM
    Long time Lurker. First time poster.

To close Mobipocket completely... while in Mobipocket, show the keyboard, then click on Shift and Q. It will close it out completely.
    Great tip. Mobipocket still starts up after a reset, but at least this way one can close the program out and have one fewer programs open causing memory leak. Now if only Epocrates would do the same.

I get my books free from the library There's a lady in there real cute, low-cut open top who loves leaning in to you so you get a real good look. She makes learning far more interesting. Gold bless her...
    Definitely don't think that either Mobipocket or my Storm can beat that!
    01-21-09 11:01 PM
    You cannot. However, Mobipocket does have a free program which will allow you to convert .PDF files to .PRC (Mobipocket) files.
    How can I convert them? I've only downloaded the zip file, and upload the app via desktop manager. Thats it. Or this is an option from Adobe Acrobat?
    01-22-09 03:57 AM
    Mobipocket has a converter for free download on their web site. You run it on your computer:

Mobipocket.com - eBooks and ebook reader for your PC, PDA and Smartphone: Palm, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, or PocketPC.
    01-22-09 09:51 AM
    I installed it but is seems to be running ONLY in an emulation mode. I get a permanent keyboard, portrait mode only, and a crappily formatted top half of the screen where some of the screen is obscured by the keyboard. That's the same thing I had last month when I downloaded MobiReader and tried it on my storm. Where's the improvement?
    The version is 6.0 Build 076.
    01-22-09 12:55 PM
    I installed it but is seems to be running ONLY in an emulation mode. I get a permanent keyboard, portrait mode only, and a crappily formatted top half of the screen where some of the screen is obscured by the keyboard. That's the same thing I had last month when I downloaded MobiReader and tried it on my storm. Where's the improvement?
    The version is 6.0 Build 076.
    Others have had that problem too, but a deletion of the prior version and a battery pull seemed to fix the issue.

I'm running the beta just fine, full screen with touch screen capabilities.
    01-22-09 01:01 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 01:15 PM
    OK - I uninstalled MobiReader. Did a battery pull. Downloaded using the OTA instructions. I now have beta version 80, but it does the same thing. Can't find a setting that provides a full screen - keyboard is still permanent and screen locked in portrait mode.
    Do you have to have a book opened for it to work? I haven't tried that yet since I haven't converted any yet.
    01-22-09 01:40 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD