anyone notice that the mobile youtube streaming quality stinks.. just wondering if there was a setting to change to make it look any better
    11-23-08 01:10 AM
    yea the quality is absolutely horrible the refresh rate of the screen is terrible and i expected better

anyone figure out a way to improve this?
    and also i couldn't find any "watch in high quality" links either? anyone figure that out?
    11-23-08 01:12 AM
    some one please help
    11-23-08 01:21 AM
    File complaints with YouTube. They are in control of the quality.
    11-23-08 01:24 AM
    It seems to depend on the video or maybe I was doing something wrong when I tested one. The videos online when someone plays one always looks really good (legitimate reviews, not commercials), but when I tested it in the store they seemed pretty bad and a lot smaller.
    11-23-08 01:25 AM
    I compared the same video on the storm and the Iphone. The storm via mobile youtube and the iphone via youtube app. and well to make a long story short its a win for the bad guys.

Bad guys = Apple/ At&t
    11-23-08 01:35 AM
    We probably just need the same app that Vodaphone has and it will be much better streaming.
    11-23-08 01:40 AM
    yah youtube blows on my storm.
    11-23-08 02:16 AM
    If it's not wifi it's your carrier, if you're using wifi it's more likely youtube or the device at fault. Youtube works fine on the bold on wifi or 3g, wouldn't bother trying to access it on 2g/edge as it would blow on any device at that connection speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 02:22 AM
    youtube looks compressed to ****.....the device can do better b/c look at a video from the mem card.

my (un)educated guess is that you tube is down like that too keep you from using too much of big reds precious bandwidth
    11-23-08 02:28 AM
    I have no problem watching Utube on my Storm, but I live within sight of a Verizion Cell Tower and have good EVDO Service here. It's all about a good connection speed I believe.
    11-23-08 09:31 AM
    Are any of you able to access regular YouTube and not the Mobile site and still watch videos?
    11-23-08 09:33 AM
    It's not possible to access the same videos you would get on the normal YouTube web site because that content is in Flash Video. Flash Video is not compatible with BB.
    11-23-08 02:35 PM
    We probably just need the same app that Vodaphone has and it will be much better streaming.
    Exactly! Did VZ decide to take this app out? or will we have this app later? someone from Vodaphone needs to hook us up with the app.

Just my assumption but, did VZ take this app out cuz... they knew that the Storm has a great screen and that lots of people will probably be on youtube, and killing VZ bandwidth? haha
    11-23-08 03:18 PM
    Yep, youtube vid's look all pixelated and crap on my storm.
    11-23-08 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD