I in a couple of weeks I am going to take a long international trip and I want to use my Storm during that. To make sure that my battery lasts I am thinking to buy one of those mobile battery packs such as:
    Amazon.com: APC Mobile Power Pack - External battery pack Li-pol 10 Wh: Electronics
    and
    Amazon.com: Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US): Electronics

Those battery packs have USB ports that can be used to charge virtually any device. They say that they can even charge Blackberry devices.

Everything looks like they should work for the Storm. My questions are:
    1. Have you tried any of these or other devices with your Storm? Please mention the device (link preferred) and the result.
    2. Do you foresee any reason for these packs not working with the Storm?

I am just asking in order to save me some time on having to return things. My previous phone (KRZR K1m) was picky about its USB chargers.

Thanks,

Haris
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
    I just had a "duh" moment. I just remembered that I already had this charger:
    Amazon.com: Duracell Mobile Charger With 2AA And 2AAA Pre Charged Rechargeable Nimh Batteries, CEF23DX4N: Electronics

I can load it with 4 AAs either rechargeable or not and use the device to power a USB device (it has a USB port) and it seems to charge my Storm just fine. Probably it will make better scene for me to load on AA rechargeables than to by one of those packs, the AAs are cheaper and can be used in other devices as well.

I think I just answered my own post, however, you may continue this thread for alternative ways to charge your Storm while on the go.

Haris
    12-01-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the post.... I just did a search for info on an external battery pack that would charge the Storm. How many charges do you get out of a set of batteries and how long does it take. Can you use the storm while charging with the device... Thanks
    12-23-08 03:26 PM
    Make sure you have the correct cable. I have ordered a cable that has a female mini plug on one end and a male micro usb on the other. That way I can plug into a Power Pack that has a male mini usb as the output plug then use the other end, the micro usb, to plug into my Storm.
    12-23-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD