i understand 100%, but what i was mentioning is that I am on TELUS and they block the MMS from the smart phones. But since BELL have it, TELUS should have it too. That was my point and thanks for the help by the way. Just trying the 2nd method now. Hope it works. Im missing 3rd party app backup but it's ok i can install them again.
    I understand now. My bad. apologize for confusion. If they block it, i'm thinking your not going to get it to work, because it might be blocked on there end. Meaning that if you send an mms, TELUS's server might block the process from sending. Have you tried the work around for the t-mobile, and use your sevice books. But, that process requires crackutil.
    03-07-09 12:33 PM
    OK I did this and now my mms doesn't get messages at all. All i get is a message that says "Could not retrieve message content. Try again later. " Later.....nothing happens. Does someone have the 109 cod that i could try putting back?+

***EDIT** I got the mms by hitting the bb key and choosing retrieve now. I am not, however, receiving pics from my email properly though since installing the .86 .cod file.

***EDIT AGAIN*** For some reason, this started working again. WHEW!
    Last edited by jonkjon; 03-07-09 at 12:49 PM.
    03-07-09 12:42 PM
    OK I did this and now my mms doesn't get messages at all. All i get is a message that says "Could not retrieve message content. Try again later. " Later.....nothing happens. Does someone have the 109 cod that i could try putting back?+

***EDIT** I got the mms by hitting the bb key and choosing retrieve now. I am not, however, receiving pics from my email properly though since installing the .86 .cod file.

***EDIT AGAIN*** For some reason, this started working again. WHEW!
    LOL. Glad you got it all working. A reseting of your books should have fixed the whole thing.
    03-07-09 12:55 PM
    I understand now. My bad. apologize for confusion. If they block it, i'm thinking your not going to get it to work, because it might be blocked on there end. Meaning that if you send an mms, TELUS's server might block the process from sending. Have you tried the work around for the t-mobile, and use your sevice books. But, that process requires crackutil.
    The problem is that i dont see the SMS/MMS icon i only see SMS icon. I did te procedure 5 times till now and nothing.... So i guess my phone as it is a TELUS phone will not have mms right? Coz i dont have the SMS/MMS icon. When i go to the menu i only see sms
    03-07-09 01:16 PM
    The problem is that i dont see the SMS/MMS icon i only see SMS icon. I did te procedure 5 times till now and nothing.... So i guess my phone as it is a TELUS phone will not have mms right? Coz i dont have the SMS/MMS icon. When i go to the menu i only see sms
    I think your out of luck. Unless you can somehow make a workaround like this http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/ relate to your telus phone.
    03-07-09 01:24 PM
    I think your out of luck. Unless you can somehow make a workaround like this http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/ relate to your telus phone.
    yeah i looked for that solution, the problem is that cracutil is not working and on the other hand if i do the service books. It's gona replace my current one too. Well no worries i use BB pin to pin lol. that's how i am convincing myself lol
    03-07-09 01:28 PM
    Which method did you use. With crackutil, or without. I don't remember anything getting reset using crackutil. I can understand the non-crackutil way, because it is basically re installing the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Using CrackUtil on Storm w/ 109. I consider myself an expert at this stuff and in 4 years, have never lost my Profile settings or BBM contacts...and boom, I replace the MMS file, and its gone and of course, it uploaded the "blank settings" to my BES server.
    03-07-09 03:03 PM
    Using CrackUtil on Storm w/ 109. I consider myself an expert at this stuff and in 4 years, have never lost my Profile settings or BBM contacts...and boom, I replace the MMS file, and its gone and of course, it uploaded the "blank settings" to my BES server.
    Just curious, were you able to retreive the info from previous backup? I dont use BBM, so i'm not sure how the contacts are stored/backed up
    03-07-09 03:12 PM
    No...because i'm on BES, it won't let me restore those things from the backup...and by the time I realized what had happened, my updated "blank" list updated to the BES server so upon reactivation I was without my BBM. Not a biggy...I've gotten 40% of my list back so far...
    03-07-09 05:23 PM
    No...because i'm on BES, it won't let me restore those things from the backup...and by the time I realized what had happened, my updated "blank" list updated to the BES server so upon reactivation I was without my BBM. Not a biggy...I've gotten 40% of my list back so far...
    This is good to know for people on BES in the future
    03-07-09 07:12 PM
    I must confess I was quite discouraged for a while, but the method in which I didn't use crackutil finally has me able to send MMS messages. No more grey boxes and such. Tis a good day for my storm!
    03-08-09 03:14 AM
    I must confess I was quite discouraged for a while, but the method in which I didn't use crackutil finally has me able to send MMS messages. No more grey boxes and such. Tis a good day for my storm!
    Glad to hear. Thanks for confirming that the non-crackutil workaround works also.
    03-08-09 07:29 PM
    Crackutil worked great for me!! Thx
    03-08-09 09:35 PM
    thanks crackutil worked!
    03-09-09 01:44 PM
    does anyone phone make a buzzing noise and reboot?
    03-09-09 09:30 PM
    does anyone phone make a buzzing noise and reboot?
    During or after the cod file change
    03-10-09 11:01 AM
    A very small percentage have been like yourself, no mms problems. But for the most part any build over .86 had broken mms forwarding
    I also just uploaded .109 and one of the first things I did was send an MMS to make sure it worked. It looks like it did. Hope it stays that way.
    03-10-09 12:05 PM
    I also just uploaded .109 and one of the first things I did was send an MMS to make sure it worked. It looks like it did. Hope it stays that way.
    Yes. I have had work for a bit on one of the OS I loaded, only to quit working a day later.
    03-10-09 12:08 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble sending pictures with version 109? My picture box is grey when its in the text box...any suggestions.
    running native .109 and not having any issues with MMS.
    03-10-09 01:18 PM
    Just found out I'm having the forwarding MMS problem, however when I try to DL the CrackUtil in the first post I am missing the .exe file. Please, Please help me out here. If there is a solution please PM me, it's the only issue I have with my Storm and it's such an easy fix if the program would download right
    03-11-09 01:48 AM
    I cannot for the life of me get crackutil downloaded, so I took the .cod file and dropped it into the Java Folder and replace the existing file. Plugged my BB in and did and did the update on the DM. However I still can't forward messages. What exactly am I doing wrong?
    03-11-09 01:07 PM
    try deleting the mms.cod file first. Then let your phone load the os without it. Then add the good mms.cod file and let apploader load OS.
    03-11-09 01:15 PM

To take it one step further, I have .114 and .86 mms cod file installed and I can now see the pic in the mms but it won't send??? Sits in what looks like an outbox with a black check mark next to it. I try to resend and the same thing happens....
    03-11-09 01:15 PM
    To take it one step further, I have .114 and .86 mms cod file installed and I can now see the pic in the mms but it won't send??? Sits in what looks like an outbox with a black check mark next to it. I try to resend and the same thing happens....
    What happen when you send it to yourself? Do you recieve it?
    03-11-09 01:17 PM
    What happen when you send it to yourself? Do you recieve it?

I am getting it as an email with a jpeg attachment! I obviously have something set up wrong in settings! Crap!
    03-11-09 01:31 PM
183 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD