it works. can anyone tell me why u cant send mms to regular phones (non pdas, bbs, etc)?
    03-04-09 12:01 AM
    Is this MMS issue only when FORWARDING an MMS, or sending an MMS period?
    03-04-09 02:25 AM
    i was able to send an mms to my gf who is on tmobile with a sidekick. then i tried to send an mss to my mom with a lg chocolate on verizon. she only got it like an hour later. i actually send her 2 mms's. one with text and picture - never received or might arrive tomorrow i guess lol, and one with just a picture which took an hour to deliver. im a bit confused. thought mms was just like picture messaging on regular phones.
    03-04-09 02:57 AM
    I've been sending MMS back/forth to my wife on her old phone (LG Scoop) and her new phone (BB Pearl - Pink) no problem since I got my storm. I never ran the stock firmware... plugged it in, and upgraded to 109 before I even activated the phone.

No issues so far. Then again, partially it could be that I'm not using it on VZN.
    03-04-09 03:12 AM
    I followed the steps and loaded it to the device, it rebooted and I still have problems sending MMS to some ppl? I can send them to my wife's LG DARE but it won't work when I send some ppl like my friends Q... One of my friends got the MMS 6 hours later??? so how do I know if it actually loaded the .86 mms file???
    03-04-09 05:31 AM
    Worked Great!

Thanks Shane!

Cheers
    03-04-09 08:36 AM
    here is the .86 mms cod file... enjoy...lol
    Be sure to use the MMS file (net_rim_bb_mms.cod) from post #26; the initial file in post #1 didn't work for me either. I overwrote the existing file with CrackUtil and then double checked the file version in CrackUtil once the phone rebooted. Changed from -> .100 verses .109

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

Lastly, my issues seemed to be with forwarding any picture MMS. Creating a new with existing pictures worked fine. Ex: buddy sends me a slideshow of hot ladies - I go to forward to my boss and he gets a series of colored blocks - no photos. Only started happening once I went from the official release to the "betas" so I can't really complain - it's my own fault.
    03-04-09 08:46 AM
    I followed the steps and loaded it to the device, it rebooted and I still have problems sending MMS to some ppl? I can send them to my wife's LG DARE but it won't work when I send some ppl like my friends Q... One of my friends got the MMS 6 hours later??? so how do I know if it actually loaded the .86 mms file???
    If when you load a picture to forward and the picture is not a blank gray, black, brown, or green box, you have sucessfully fix your mms. The problems with delayed delivery is a whole other issue that this fix won't solve. I have read .109 has had some wierd outcomes on some phones, thus why I'm still running a .103/106 hybrid.
    03-04-09 09:01 AM
    i really enjoyed .109... but with the mms probs.. i did the fix, worked for awhile, then back to the same problem. had some major memory leaks and some apps just wouldnt run right... so.... im back to .75
    03-04-09 09:07 AM
    Be sure to use the MMS file (net_rim_bb_mms.cod) from post #26; the initial file in post #1 didn't work for me either. I overwrote the existing file with CrackUtil and then double checked the file version in CrackUtil once the phone rebooted. Changed from -> .100 verses .109
    Hope this helps others with the same issue.

Lastly, my issues seemed to be with forwarding any picture MMS. Creating a new with existing pictures worked fine. Ex: buddy sends me a slideshow of hot ladies - I go to forward to my boss and he gets a series of colored blocks - no photos. Only started happening once I went from the official release to the "betas" so I can't really complain - it's my own fault.
    Roadrage has just brought up a very good point, and one I had brought up weeks ago when this was first discovered by prahsj. To fix the problem, you only need to overwrite with a "working" mms cod file. The zip I uploaded the other night was from sith's 100 hybrid. I must have uploaded it by mistake. So we now know of 2 good mms cods that can be overwriten with and be successful.
    03-04-09 09:19 AM
    i really enjoyed .109... but with the mms probs.. i did the fix, worked for awhile, then back to the same problem. had some major memory leaks and some apps just wouldnt run right... so.... im back to .75
    Not sure how your problems came back. My fix has been running for at least a month on 103/106 hybrid, and no problems.
    03-04-09 09:27 AM
    Glad to help!! This thread was a pleasant finding for me to resolve an annoying fault with "early updating".

For further clarification, in CrackUtil select Retrieve File Listing and scroll down to 'net_rim_bb_mms' and look at the file version. I was running OS 4.7.0.109, so mine said 4.7.0.109. After the original file got "replaced" nothing changed. I then saw post #26 and tried again (also from 'C:\Program Files\CrackUtil' directory). After the phone rebooted, I did CrackUtil -> Retrieve File Listing and the 'net_rim_bb_mms' Version is now 4.7.0.100 like 'shanepark' said.

Hybrid or not, it works - so kudos!!
    03-04-09 09:50 AM
    I had the same problem forwarding MMS....black square instead of picture. Ran the "fix" and it seems to be working now. Ended up having to do a restore after performing the fix, so make sure you backup before!
    03-04-09 10:50 AM
    Hey guys, I posted this another thread, but here goes again.

When I try to open CrackUtil, i get a message saying "file access denied" I'm not sure how to fix this. I'd really liike to be able to send mms msgs on my phone. Please help. Thanks.
    03-04-09 12:13 PM
    Hey guys, I posted this another thread, but here goes again.

When I try to open CrackUtil, i get a message saying "file access denied" I'm not sure how to fix this. I'd really liike to be able to send mms msgs on my phone. Please help. Thanks.
    Are you opening the program as administrator. Right click on program and select "Run as Administrator"
    03-04-09 12:26 PM
    im trying to run as administrator and its still not working.. i restarted the computer and phone and still getting the file accesss denied
    03-04-09 03:24 PM
    does anybody show me how to send mms? i update my storm to .109 and i dnt see any send using mms. ..
    03-04-09 03:31 PM
    im trying to run as administrator and its still not working.. i restarted the computer and phone and still getting the file accesss denied
    Make sure you have it installed correctly. Here is Pete6's thread that explains it in great detail. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    03-04-09 03:40 PM
    does anybody show me how to send mms? i update my storm to .109 and i dnt see any send using mms. ..
    when you are viewing a picture, hit your bb button. From there you should be able to select to send it as an email or mms.
    03-04-09 03:55 PM
    i followed everything from what pete is saying but it still will not work.. vista may be the problem but he said his works on vista and i guess im having bad luck
    03-04-09 04:12 PM
    i followed everything from what pete is saying but it still will not work.. vista may be the problem but he said his works on vista and i guess im having bad luck
    I have Vista, and after I made the changes he noted, it worked perfect.

Taken from pete6 post;

Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties.

Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.

Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box
    03-04-09 04:21 PM
    yea ive done that already but it still isnt cooperating
    03-04-09 04:25 PM
    yea ive done that already but it still isnt cooperating
    Just a thought, but do you have administrator privileges on your pc . You might have to log onto your pc as an administrator. My vista pc has two settings. Standard user and administrator. Just thinking out loud.
    03-04-09 04:32 PM
    yea mines set as administrator
    03-04-09 04:33 PM
    yea mines set as administrator
    Maybe try and reinstall it. I'm searching his thread now.
    03-04-09 04:55 PM
183 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD