My MMS is not working on my new unlocked storm 2 9550.
    It has 607, email and internet work, but MMS does not.

How do I fix this?

Jon
    04-20-10 08:02 PM
    04-20-10 09:09 PM
    How did you unlock it? If it was via third party there's always the very remote possibility that they screwed something up.
    04-20-10 09:12 PM
    How did you unlock it? If it was via third party there's always the very remote possibility that they screwed something up.
    I purchased an unlock code and entered it myself.
    04-20-10 09:20 PM
    EDIT: This should fix it, if not, call your carrier.
    1) Register Host Routing Table (HRT)

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

3) Battery Pull
    Hopefully you don't need help with this one I hope I helped.
    Last edited by Asperse; 04-20-10 at 10:09 PM.
    04-20-10 10:02 PM
    EDIT: This should fix it, if not, call your carrier.
    1) Register Host Routing Table (HRT)

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

3) Battery Pull
    Hopefully you don't need help with this one I hope I helped.
    Will resending the service books hurt my phone from what I have done?
    I unlocked it to use it on AT&T and have to change do the thing with CrackUtil to get full features of my phone.
    Doing this wont hurt what I have done will it?
    04-20-10 10:19 PM
    I'm afraid my knowledge is fairly shabby when it comes to unlocked phones and this sort of thing. I seriously doubt any harm will come of it, but please realize that I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. Take what I say with a grain of salt and understand that I can't take responsibility for anything that may go wrong.
    04-20-10 10:24 PM
    I'm afraid my knowledge is fairly shabby when it comes to unlocked phones and this sort of thing. I seriously doubt any harm will come of it, but please realize that I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. Take what I say with a grain of salt and understand that I can't take responsibility for anything that may go wrong.
    Of course man, that's why I asked before I did it. I wanted to here that, i'm not sure. So I can find out and be positive it wont do anything.
    Thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it.
    I appreciate the honesty!

Jon
    04-20-10 10:59 PM
    Will resending the service books hurt my phone from what I have done?
    I unlocked it to use it on AT&T and have to change do the thing with CrackUtil to get full features of my phone.
    Doing this wont hurt what I have done will it?
    no, it will not hurt your phone. i'm not 100%, but i don't think it will effect the other step you did with crackutil either. The Host Routing Table is absolutely fine. I resend service books from ATT BIS and it does not effect my previous service books negatively. However, i fear, even if THOSE new service books do bring back MMS, once you reboot it will be gone again.

If you DO get MMS, even temporarily, try this: (if you need to reboot)

Advanced Options - Service Book. Highlight MMS and hit Menu. THen hit delete. Reboot phone. Once rebooted, go back into Service Books and hit Menu - Undelete. MMS should be back!

I don't take credit for that trick, i read it on here. It seemed to work for me the 1 time i tried. However, if your phone locks up or reboots itself, you are screwed.
    04-20-10 11:27 PM
    no, it will not hurt your phone. i'm not 100%, but i don't think it will effect the other step you did with crackutil either. The Host Routing Table is absolutely fine. I resend service books from ATT BIS and it does not effect my previous service books negatively. However, i fear, even if THOSE new service books do bring back MMS, once you reboot it will be gone again.

If you DO get MMS, even temporarily, try this: (if you need to reboot)

Advanced Options - Service Book. Highlight MMS and hit Menu. THen hit delete. Reboot phone. Once rebooted, go back into Service Books and hit Menu - Undelete. MMS should be back!

I don't take credit for that trick, i read it on here. It seemed to work for me the 1 time i tried. However, if your phone locks up or reboots itself, you are screwed.
    But if my phone does need to be rebooted, and I do loose it again I can just resend the service books again right? It wont be permanently gone will it?
    04-20-10 11:50 PM
    But if my phone does need to be rebooted, and I do loose it again I can just resend the service books again right? It wont be permanently gone will it?
    i can't say for sure. some people have working mms with no issues, some don't. it kind of seems like, if you didn't have it from the get go and you find some service books to add the feature, they tend to disappear when you reboot. That's why i posted that delete/undelete trick.

I do no think the service books you were told to push from the BIS site have MMS anyways. I have pushed them a couple times.

If you want all the feature UNTIL YOU REBOOT, try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/mm...9/#post4960081

You are facing quite an uphill battle chasing after MMS.
    04-21-10 12:00 AM
    i can't say for sure. some people have working mms with no issues, some don't. it kind of seems like, if you didn't have it from the get go and you find some service books to add the feature, they tend to disappear when you reboot. That's why i posted that delete/undelete trick.

I do no think the service books you were told to push from the BIS site have MMS anyways. I have pushed them a couple times.

If you want all the feature UNTIL YOU REBOOT, try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/mm...9/#post4960081

You are facing quite an uphill battle chasing after MMS.
    Yeah I resent the service books last night and it didn't help any.
    I checked my service books just now and don't see anything in there that has to do with MMS.
    Is that my problem? No MMS in my service books?

I want the full function of my phone, girls send me pics you know it's a tease if I don't have MMS. So I got to get it working
    04-21-10 10:15 AM
    Maybe this one will work?
    Get your Browser and MMS Working on T-Mobile � BB Grounds

I tried to DL bbsak but I have register on that site in order to do so.
    04-21-10 11:07 AM
    Yeah I resent the service books last night and it didn't help any.
    I checked my service books just now and don't see anything in there that has to do with MMS.
    Is that my problem? No MMS in my service books?

I want the full function of my phone, girls send me pics you know it's a tease if I don't have MMS. So I got to get it working

I under stand the hassle, but all they have to do is send them to your email address instead of your mobile number. Works perfect. Once they send one to you, you will have a reply contact. Like, you can't just email the image to 555-798-7980, it will be like [email protected] or something. It isn't as easy as using MMS, but it is easy! Just save the contact info!

For clarification, when they compose their MMS, they wont send to your mobile number, they will send it out to your email address. All you have to do is reply to that message and it will go back to them or save that contact info for later use.

I know you just want to use your BB how it should be used, but frankly this is a well known issue with unlocked Storms on GSM.

I am officially done helping you until I get forwarded some of these girls pics you were referring to! j/k
    Last edited by Blacklac; 04-21-10 at 11:21 AM.
    04-21-10 11:16 AM

I under stand the hassle, but all they have to do is send them to your email address instead of your mobile number. Works perfect. Once they send one to you, you will have a reply contact. Like, you can't just email the image to 555-798-7980, it will be like [email protected] or something. It isn't as easy as using MMS, but it is easy! Just save the contact info!

For clarification, when they compose their MMS, they wont send to your mobile number, they will send it out to your email address. All you have to do is reply to that message and it will go back to them or save that contact info for later use.

I know you just want to use your BB how it should be used, but frankly this is a well known issue with unlocked Storms on GSM.

I am officially done helping you until I get forwarded some of these girls pics you were referring to! j/k
    Ahhh, I see how about if I follow the above steps?
    I wont ever have to reboot my phone, turn it off and on yes but will n ever have to remove the battery. If I do, I'll just re do the procedure to get MMS again.

So what do you think about the URL I posted above? I was given that link by a buddy on here trying to help me out. Think I should give it a try? Confused me though because it said I have to DL T-Mobile service books.

Hahahahaha, I'll get you your own personal girl to send you pics of w.e when ever, if you help me out

Jon
    04-21-10 11:40 AM
    Maybe this one will work?
    Get your Browser and MMS Working on T-Mobile � BB Grounds

I tried to DL bbsak but I have register on that site in order to do so.
    BBSAK and CrackUtil should both be able to do this, no problem. YOu can use either one.

As for that link, it is the same steps that are posted on this forum and that link I posted. That link I posted just has a couple more things also, like first enabling "legacy Service books" through your phone.

Just wipe your phone and then follow that link I posted. I know it looks like alot, but it's really easy if you just follow the directions. That is the ONLY way i have been able to get MMS to work, but like I said, once I rebooted they were gone. MMS might have even disappeared when i registered my email accounts from ATT BIS website too, i can't remember for sure.

All the info is there man, you just need to sit down and try it and accept the fact that you might have to do this EVERY TIME you reboot.

Seriously, having people compose their MMS to your email account is just so much easier.
    04-21-10 11:44 AM
    Ahhh, I see how about if I follow the above steps?
    I wont ever have to reboot my phone, turn it off and on yes but will n ever have to remove the battery. If I do, I'll just re do the procedure to get MMS again.

So what do you think about the URL I posted above? I was given that link by a buddy on here trying to help me out. Think I should give it a try? Confused me though because it said I have to DL T-Mobile service books.

Hahahahaha, I'll get you your own personal girl to send you pics of w.e when ever, if you help me out

Jon
    Ok, yeah if your willing to have to redo this everytime you reboot, this is the way to go:

(i recommend a phone wipe first)

He says BBSAK in the link, but CrackUtil works fine too.
    04-21-10 11:48 AM
    I read that wiping your phone will set it back to stone age is this correct?

But I might be returning my phone, for a replacement because the back button on this one is getting annoying, sometimes doesn't work, sometimes it does.

Thanks for all the help
    04-21-10 12:10 PM
    Yeah, I have same issue. I have to reload my SBs everytime I reboot to get my MMS working again. After reading this thred I like the work around for now, its better than reloading from BB Desktop.

One question. I have two MMS SBs one is "MMS Client" and one is "MMS Transport" Which one do I delete and undelete? I lose both after a reboot.
    04-21-10 12:54 PM
    Hmm. I only had 1. Can't hurt to do both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 12:56 PM
    I don't have any.
    I'm going to do the steps you provided me with and i'll let you know how it goes.
    04-21-10 02:07 PM
    Hmm ok this is weird. So I did the steps you gave me from hockeyman60

After doing that, at the last step when my phone rebooted after adding the service books again, I now have someones email address on my phone [email protected] what the **** is that about? Also something is missing from my BB menu and idk what, and when I went to options>advanced options> service books> and hit the BB key to undelete the MMS there was no option to undelete the MMS
    04-21-10 02:32 PM
    Search or google that address. a lot of people have it, I wouldn't worry about it.

That is weird you don't have the undelete option. I don't know what to say about that. It all worked for me... Until I rebooted.

I guess your either left with using the email to bypass mms or decide what's more important, the Storm 2 or having mms.

04-21-10 02:38 PM
    Search or google that address. a lot of people have it, I wouldn't worry about it.

That is weird you don't have the undelete option. I don't know what to say about that. It all worked for me... Until I rebooted.

I guess your either left with using the email to bypass mms or decide what's more important, the Storm 2 or having mms.

Oooh no i'll figure it out, i'll do something to get it working.
    04-21-10 02:41 PM
    But I don't even have the MMS folder in my Service Books, before I deleted as told, it was there. What would happen if I just never deleted it? Would it work

also every time I turn on BB desktop software I get like 7 updates, shall I update??
    04-21-10 02:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD