For some weired reason I haven't been getting MMS text from my phone sent to people on other networks. I get them from people who have Verizon, but not from my sister (who text me today and says she's been sending me pics of my niece and nephew since thanksgiving), and I tried sending a ringtone from my wives phone (a curve with T-Mobile) and again, nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions on what to do?
    12-10-08 08:12 PM
    MMS will not cross networks. At least it has never worked for me in the past with any MMS capable phone.
    12-10-08 08:39 PM
    so if my sister is on Tmobile I won't get the pics?? WTF...that's pretty ********.
    12-10-08 08:42 PM
    thats not true i get mms from a tmobile curve all the time
    12-10-08 08:43 PM
    so far i'm having issues sending mms, it won't tell you message not sent but "message expired" and it doesnt show up in red!!! it show checked, this is vz-vz and vz- to other. i hate this!
    I can mms people that have att. And receive. Never heard of that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I send and receive MMS messages from my bud all the time and he is on Sprint.
    When I send pics to my sister who's on AT&T, she always gets it...
    12-10-08 08:44 PM
    I dunno. I checked my MMS options and nothing was there to fix the sitatuion. Kinda pissed really cause my sister would send me pics of my niece and nephew on a regular basis, now nothing
    12-10-08 08:48 PM
    I've had no trouble sending or receiving MMS to ATT. Sometimes it takes while fir them to go through, but that's been the case with my previous phones as well.

12-10-08 08:53 PM
    had an issue like that on my pearl. Verizon had to reset an option on my account.
    12-10-08 09:14 PM
    I've had ppl tell me they've sent MMS's all the time, and I NEVER have gotten them since I've gotten my Curve, about two weeks ago, what gives?
    12-24-08 11:32 PM
    When I first switched to the Death Star from Verizon and got a Curve 8310, I couldn't receive MMS from VZW phones either. I did, however, find out why.

Many VZW phones (though no smartphones) don't use standard MMS - they use EMS, which is a half-way point between the SMS and MMS standards meant to bridge the gap between SMS-only and full MMS compatibility. The ******** part is that a very small subset of phones support EMS, and no smartphones (to my knowledge) do. Once those I communicated with on VZW started getting newer phones with actual MMS support, everything worked like a charm.
    12-25-08 12:08 AM
    Weird, I get MMS from everyone all the time and they all use a different carrier and I never have a problem.
    12-25-08 12:09 AM
    I noticed this too. My girlfriend (on ATT) no longer gets my MMS messages from my Storm. I called VZW about it and they looked into and "fixed" it. I tested it by sending her one and she got it about 5 hours later. I could deal with that. But today I sent her another MMS and she still has not gotten it! I gotta call VZW again!
    12-25-08 01:12 AM
    Thats weird. The past 3 days, I have been getting MMS from Sprint and T-Mobile without any issues. None from ATT since all of the people I know that have it, has the iPhone.
    12-25-08 01:18 AM
    No problems here.

12-25-08 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD