Recently I unlocked my Blackberry Storm 9530 so I can get internet without the BIS/BES. That works fine, but I can't seem to access MMS anymore.
    Is there a way as to where I can get MMS Service books to install? Or be able to MMS without the BIS ?
    05-28-10 04:36 PM
    I'm not sure about your carrier, but most require a data plan to use the MMS feature.
    05-28-10 05:00 PM
    I'm on Verizon.
    is there a way where I can get it back?
    05-28-10 05:15 PM
    MMS on a Blackberry requires a Blackberry Data Plan (BIS/BES) to work. Even if you got the service books it still wouldn't work, needs to be connected to RIM's servers for those service books to do any good.

Also, PagePlus is a prepaid service that uses Verizon's towers right? If you had Verizon as your carrier you would be required to have a data plan, and unlocking wouldn't do any good. I'm not even sure unlocking your phone did you any good in the first place.
    05-28-10 05:29 PM
    unlocking your phone did you know good other then cost you money. no data plan= no mms
    05-28-10 06:09 PM
    I use PagePlus.
    When I first got the phone, all the apps worked and internet and what-not.
    But all of a sudden it stopped because BlackBerry found out I wasn't on Verizon so they disconnected the internet so I wanted internet back, so I unlocked it etc. Its free, not charging me anything but now I can't MMS.

I could MMS before tho, so I think there is a way I can get it back .. i think lol
    05-28-10 06:12 PM
    Well when BlackBerry "found out" you weren't on Verizon they disabled all your internet features. So as has been said above you can't get it back without getting BlackBerry Data Plan.
    Also, as was said, unlocking did you no good and it still won't do you any good. When you unlock a phone it makes the GSM side of it available to be used on any GSM carrier. Your using it on a CDMA network, so it doesn't do anything for you.

You will NOT be able to get I internet or MMS without a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 06:19 PM
    Well, I'm on the internet now I just don't have mms lol
    so? what do you mean?
    Everything is working now except MMS :/
    05-28-10 06:28 PM
    You're able to access the internet because you're using the WAP browser, not the BlackBerry/Internet Browser.

As the others stated, without the BlackBerry service, you won't be able to get MMS. If its now gone, you're out of luck, so you'd might as well just learn to live without it.
    05-28-10 07:01 PM
    ok well i saw this video and its talkin about changing 9530 into AT&T browser config.
    what does that mean?
    05-28-10 07:21 PM
    That involves using the AT&T service books, but you may have trouble getting them on your Storm if you're using a 5.0 OS. You can try, but no guarantees it will work. Just look for the AT&T service books and there should be a set of instructions on how to install them to your phone as well.
    05-28-10 10:21 PM
    ok.
    so basically i'll be on at&t?
    or what does that do?
    whats the benefits?
    05-29-10 02:12 AM
    You won't be on AT&T. You will be on PagePlus but if you are able to get the AT&T service books, you may be able to use MMS. Again though, no guarantee this will work or that you can even manage to load the AT&T service books on your phone. Lets put it this way, I'm not hopeful for you.

tayron, you need to decide a couple of things.

1. How much time are you willing to put into doing the research you need? This is with the understanding that you are likely to be entirely unsuccessful. I'd peg your chances at success at 10% or less based on what I know.

2. How much do you really need MMS (is it really that critical)? If MMS is that big of a deal for you, then you may need to decide if PagePlus is really a suitable option for you. You may very well decide that MMS is critical, and if that's the case, you should probably head back to Verizon.

3. Are you able to fix a bricked BlackBerry? Some of the steps that are required to load the AT&T service books on your phone can cause things to go very wrong if you don't know what you're doing. You could end up with an unusable phone unless you know how to wipe and reload the OS.

Understand that multiple people here have already tried to explain to you that it won't work. I think you're pulling at strings trying to find some hope, but from everything I've read, you're not going to have a lot of luck. You were lucky to get the MMS service on PagePlus for as long as you did, but you're now likely out of luck unless you go back to a carrier with BlackBerry data services.

Note, I'm trying to be nice here... but I think you're going to be on your own unless you find someone else has managed to do the same thing. I've searched for you as well and haven't found anyone who discusses anything on how to make MMS work on BlackBerry devices on PagePlus.
    05-29-10 03:28 AM
    Oh, just as a little heads up... my carrier doesn't even offer MMS on the BlackBerry Storm (or any other CDMA BlackBerry). You get used to it.
    05-29-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD