Hi there Storm fans, new to this forum. Like to contribute to the cause.
    Was running .75 OS from Verizon. To slow and very sluggish. So, after reading all the forums bought a Second storm of Ebay to use as a test subject. Tryed most of all leaked OS and Hybrids-but one of the problems that I always encountered was the lack of MMS/EDGE signal. Text Message was super fast and perfect but some OS's gave a gray picture before sending or the the EDGE icon would change to edge with the arrows sometimes showing and sometimes not showing. Eventually the pic was sent after long wait or no picture at all. When the picture was sent it was a little on the blurry side. So after trial and error I found that the .90 leaked OS with the .86 mms cod ids the best combination. Running for a week, and no problems-good battery, all text and mms functioning and memory on a constant 41 mb.
    If any one needs the steps let me now to post. Here at work so its a little difficult.
    05-26-09 04:23 PM
    i need a link to that .86 mms cod
    05-27-09 07:31 PM
    Tramane,
    Hope this helps.
    05-27-09 10:01 PM
    I will post what I did, YO! REMEMBER TO BACK UP! NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICK

1. Down load .90 OS leaked and install to PC
    2. Go co Computer>common files>Research in motion>shared>loader files
    3. Once you click on the loader files, you will see the .90 OS folder.
    IF you see other folders there from other OS's close all applications-go to control panel and unistall all OS's execpt the .90. This will insure that nothing is corrupted or risk of possible errors.
    4. After insured that only .90 is installed go back to step 3.-When you click on the .90 folder, it will open an you will see the JAVA folder.
    5. Open that folder and COPY AND PASTE the .86 mms cod in the zip folder i provided.
    6. The PC will tell you COPY AND REPLACE.-click yes
    DO NOT COPY AND KEEP. if you copy and keep, both the .90 and .86 mms will exist causing some serious cheese
    7. Disconnect internet and DM as administrator-goto apploader>update software. If storm has a higher OS. The DM will notify you that the OS is lower than that current.
    8. Goto options and quick on what you want installed.
    9. Once phone finishes-goto options on phone and check the following
    1.SMS text- service center should have +1206313004 and call back number should have your # area code then phone number. If not there manually input.
    2.Mobile Network-Automatic/Network Technology-GSM/UMTS-Network Mode-3G & 2G
    3. Resend Service Books or Goto to the Crackberry forums and see the How To Get All T Mobile fuctions (This better the resend service books)
    4.Goto advance options on phone-TCP/IP-should read wwap.voicestream.com-if not manualy input. ALL DONE
    Send yourself SMS text, MMS pics and the your freinds see how it works.
    I Have bee running for a week with not a single problem. Well, only one the LOCK screen. Well try it you'll see what I mean.
    05-27-09 10:48 PM
    Correction on the TCP/IP- wap.voicestream.com
    Run DM as admistrator
    Do not for get to remove the Vendor XLM
    05-28-09 10:28 AM
    I will post what I did, YO! REMEMBER TO BACK UP! NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICK

1. Down load .90 OS leaked and install to PC
    2. Go co Computer>common files>Research in motion>shared>loader files
    3. Once you click on the loader files, you will see the .90 OS folder.
    IF you see other folders there from other OS's close all applications-go to control panel and unistall all OS's execpt the .90. This will insure that nothing is corrupted or risk of possible errors.
    4. After insured that only .90 is installed go back to step 3.-When you click on the .90 folder, it will open an you will see the JAVA folder.
    5. Open that folder and COPY AND PASTE the .86 mms cod in the zip folder i provided.
    6. The PC will tell you COPY AND REPLACE.-click yes
    DO NOT COPY AND KEEP. if you copy and keep, both the .90 and .86 mms will exist causing some serious cheese
    7. Disconnect internet and DM as administrator-goto apploader>update software. If storm has a higher OS. The DM will notify you that the OS is lower than that current.
    8. Goto options and quick on what you want installed.
    9. Once phone finishes-goto options on phone and check the following
    1.SMS text- service center should have +1206313004 and call back number should have your # area code then phone number. If not there manually input.
    2.Mobile Network-Automatic/Network Technology-GSM/UMTS-Network Mode-3G & 2G
    3. Resend Service Books or Goto to the Crackberry forums and see the How To Get All T Mobile fuctions (This better the resend service books)
    4.Goto advance options on phone-TCP/IP-should read wwap.voicestream.com-if not manualy input. ALL DONE
    Send yourself SMS text, MMS pics and the your freinds see how it works.
    I Have bee running for a week with not a single problem. Well, only one the LOCK screen. Well try it you'll see what I mean.
    Thanks for the Link and Instructions!
    I found the file and Im gonna create my own brand of .148
    With all TMO friendly settings like the service books the .86 mms
    The .90 radio
    And the new Web Browser from 5.0 thats floating around
    05-28-09 10:49 AM
    Oh, I keep forgetting to mention im no noob.
    Just a storm noobie
    LOL
    I was VZW Level 3 BB Support and BB certified!!
    05-28-09 10:50 AM
    **** yeh!!!!!
    That's what I'm talking about,yo!
    Keep me posted on that OS you're developing. I am a newbie as newbie can be!
    05-28-09 11:58 AM
    **** yeh!!!!!
    That's what I'm talking about,yo!
    Keep me posted on that OS you're developing. I am a newbie as newbie can be!
    NAH SON
    You just posted that GOOD INFO!
    You doing something right!
    05-28-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD