Hi Guys,

Just updated my storm 9550 with the new os .607 and when I tried to reload my AT&T service books I noticed that mms doesnt work, it says service books no found, Is there anyone having this issue with your storm. If you find the solution, please post it here because I try many times to fix it and still nothing...
    Thanks
    04-06-10 12:36 PM
    same problem here, reloading service books dont help. i wonder what the problem is...
    04-07-10 11:36 PM
    I have the same problem. If I resend the service books from the BIS page I still don't get the MMS book. The 4?2? to load the legacy service books and use desktop manager to load the book doesn't work with this release either. I tried the following procedure and it worked. This procedure assumes the rest of your service books are working.

1. Use BBSAK (search for BBSAK for the download) to save and then delete the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod from the phone. The phone will reboot and you may get an "Uncaught Exception Error"

2. Once phone is up connect to desktop manager and load the AT&T service books. The download for the service books are in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/. Close Desktop Manager.

3. After the books are loaded go to options->advanced options->service book. Select the MMS service book, click the Blackberry key and select delete.

4. Use BBSAK again to reinstall the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod you deleted in step 1. The phone will reboot again.

5. Once the phone is back up, go to options->advanced options->service book again. Click the Blackberry key and select undelete and the MMS book should be there and MMS should function.

6. You may have to resend the service books from the BIS page again to get email working.

The only real problem is you must delete the MMS service book before doing a battery pull or a reboot and then use the undelete once the phone is back up. If the phone locks up or if you have an app for automatic reboots, the MMS book would not load again and you would have repeat the above procedure.

I still don't know why this is the only book that won't load or stay after a reboot. I hope this helps you out.
    04-08-10 10:03 AM
    DAMN that is alot of work!!!! We need a new leak or something thank god i have bbm..lol
    04-08-10 12:07 PM
    It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. I've done that setup minus the MMS part, for fixing my browser with the early 5.0 OS leaks. It really is quite simple.

Thanks for the tip, hockeyman.

Is there only 1 MMS service book? I don't have my Storm yet to check, should have it in a week. I'm might need this help too. (Staying with ATT.)
    04-08-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks hockeyman, that worked for MMS. You say, if you delete MMS service book, reboot and undelete it again you will still have working MMS? Couldn't you do the same for the "Blackberry Internet Browser Service" service book and retain Internet Browser after a reboot?

I will try it next time I have to reboot.
    04-17-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD